Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Legal matter, urgent help needed

Toggle
Legal matter, urgent help needed
Answer
7/7/09 2:45 PM
I have limited german language skills. I tried a driving License quiz on a wesbite, but they didn't give immediate result. I received an email from this website/company asking for confirmation of email. I did that and i got my results with next email plus a rechnung, stating that i made an abonament for 1 year with them and I must pay in next 7 days? I went to verbraucherzentrale, and they advised me to write a letter to them (with delivery confirmation receipt), stating that i didn't new anything about abonament and refrain from sending mahnung or other notices. Now I received a letter from their attorney to pay that amount plus some fees in next 7 days. I feel trapped what should I do now?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Legal matter, urgent help needed
Answer
7/7/09 3:07 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Well then, take the letter again to verbraucherzentrale and they will guide you again. Most probably they will ask you to ignore the letter from the lawyer.

Which website did u use anyways?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 3:22 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Thanks for your reply Raj. I´m planning to do the same, but the problem is every time i have to pay them 15 euros.

Is it safe to give the website here? I mean just mail me your email address i´ll mail you the weblink.

best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 3:50 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
No man, put the website here in the public forum so that others do not fall into the same trap.

There has been a spat of such companies recently. I think the government has to issue a law where the charges are explicitly stated instead of appearing on the fine print.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 3:55 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Hi Xenon!

My experience of Germany is......."they will make u go crazy, and someday u will decide to leave this place for good".

WEBLINK:
sorry don't want to get into another legal issue.......my word of advice, KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN for even the smallest fonts written can rob you off from your hard earned money
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 5:08 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
paying 15 euros each time is cheap instead of paying 150 Euros for a lawyer for the same time.

Giving the link to the website is no offence, as it is covered under free speech, also you are not writing bad unwarrented stuffs. You have a problem and you are asking for advice. I consider it fair game.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 5:35 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
Dear Raj,

Thanks for your message. I was at verbraucherzentrale, and the lawyer advised that its a routine way of these crooks, first rechnung, then mahnung, then their lawyer´s letter. He thinks this should be the last communication from their side, so i should ignore it. As i didn't signed any contract, nor do they have any concrete confirmation from my side, so i´m safe. In worst case I can expect a letter from the justice department, and with that i will also receive a form, which I should fill up and return it to them with whatever details I can provide, to prove that I´m innocent.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 5:54 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
What happen if someone registers online with your name,email and address.This can be done by anyone so why you bother.
As you never signed any contract or gave your Bank or credit card details then no worry and let them send any letter and don't forget to tear them off before you throw it in Papier-Tonne otherwise you will get in trouble if some müll detective find it emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 5:58 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
@raj2001

ha ha ha, lolz.

But just a small problem, they have my IP address :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 6:08 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
what in case if you opened the website from a internet cafe.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 6:13 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
hmmm...gute frage nächste frage :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/09 10:48 PM as a reply to Anonymous.
So what? If you are using DSL then its a DHCP assigned IP which changes frequently and no ISP checks the logs and give details of which IP was assigned to whom unless you are not doing a terrorist activity.
So don't think the IP address is your social security number emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/09 1:40 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
well, for that matter it happened to me too. Till now they have been sending mahnung e-mails with just subject and no content in it. One of my friend is a lawyer and he told i could very well ignore it and if they really go to court then we can fight.

and that site is www punkt theorie-test punkt com

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/09 3:28 AM as a reply to Anonymous.
ok,

this is the same site vamsi, the cat is finally out :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott