Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Problems with work place

Toggle
Problems with work place
Answer
11/2/11 7:58 PM
Hi

I have a big problem with my company. My boss is making lot of troubles and expects me to work more and more. Now I conceived and I cannot work like before and I am thinking that my job will be in difficult position. My boss made a gentleman agreement (orally) that I would tell him before I plan for kids. As this is unexpected and because of all reasons which I am seeing now at my company, I want to inform my boss in 12th week about my conceiving. Is it possible for him to make any problems to my job, if I say it in 12th week? After my maternity leave I want to leave the company, do I have to inform them after maternity leave or before it.

Any ideas please share.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Problems with work place
Answer
11/3/11 1:48 PM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
Hi Rockyou,

First of all you are not obliged to tell your boss about your plans to have kids. You could have done it, but nothing on Earth obliges you. 2nd, letting him/her knows about pregnancy around the 12th week is ok. That's what most of German women do anyway. And that gives plenty of time for work re-schudule, etc. It'd be good if you can also present a work plan up to your maternal leave. If you're planning to quit the company after maternity leave, then resign during the leave, never before leaving. I'm not lawyer and what I'm telling your comes from the experience of other women co-workers. Anyway, A laboral lawyer could also help you (but it'll cost much more), check if your company has a Gleichstellungbeaufragte, they coul also help you out with dealing with those issues.

Best regards and the best with your pregnancy,
Ari
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/11 2:19 PM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
You should acutally tell your employer as soon as possible and your kundigungschutz will start from that time(cant be fired during pregnancy).

1. Your doctor will give a bescheinigung for the employer saying that you are pregnant and the expected due date. Send this form to the HR as registered post as soon as possible and dont delay it as it is for your advantage.
2. Change your tax card to III, so that you have more Elterngeld.
3. You are not allowed to work 6 weeks before and 8 weeks after the delivery date. You can take as many sick leaves as you want, just get the bescheinigung from the doctor always.
4. After delivery, apply for Elternzeit for 3 years(kundigungsschutz is valid for this 3 years and if you are publicly insured, you dont have to pay for health insurance during this 3 years) and also apply for Elterngeld.
5. If you find a new job, cancel the Elternzeit and take up the new job.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/11 3:57 PM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
Thank you all for your replies.

@Raj,

You mentioned that inform as soon as possible, can I inform in 8th week. If I can, that would be big help for me.

Thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/11 5:14 PM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
Normally you should inform the company as soon as you know you are pregnant as they have to follow some rules and guidelines regarding pregnant workers. I would suggest you to speak with your doctor. You can inform your company with a e-mail. doctor certificate can be provided if the company wants it and they have to pay for it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/11 12:41 PM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
Since when must an employee inform his/her boss about their plans for having children?

Very soon, we shall be required to ask for permission to have babys huh!

Truth be told, the ugly head of tyranny is frequently showing up in many firms in Germany. When bosses are not making it difficult for an employee to start a family, they are intriguing to find excuses in order to fire someone who has been performing well 99.99% of the time. One trivial mistake is all they need to justify a Kuendigung.

Intrigue is the one thing that is never in short supply in germany. You'll find it everywhere, even among your own Arbeitskollegas.

I do not know about you, but as for me, Deutschland is no longer the kind of place I would wish to work.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/4/11 8:10 PM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
I hate to say this BUT please look the reality somewhere else. In Asian, pregnant woman has to work till 4 weeks before due and can take only 3 months leave. Compare to Germany labor law, 6 weeks before and you can take as long as 3 years? Which part of this that make you don't want to work here?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/12/11 5:50 AM as a reply to shakthi shakthi.
My advice would be get the so called lawyer insurance "Rechtsschutz". At ARAG, you have for about 80 euros for a year.
About mobbing or difficult bosses or colleagues, you have it pretty much everywhere, as a frelancer perhaps a little less... learn to live with it somehow.
Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18