Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

salary in an IP firm

Toggle
salary in an IP firm
Answer
5/19/17 1:27 PM
Dear All,what is the typical salary for 'trainee european patent attorney' position in a private firm in Munich, for a masters and PhD degree holder with 4 years experience as postdoc?thanks.Cheers, Sr.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: salary in an IP firm
Answer
5/28/17 11:26 PM as a reply to Raji.
Hi, 3500 euro to start with. Anything above is good. Mostly PhD and pos doc experience does not get you a better pay. You are paid equal to a Master student. If you have direct experience in what the IP firm mainly works on you have an advantage and may be you get a better offer but most time they all have 3500 as the start. Beware Munich is quite expensive city so this is not a huge salary.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/17 5:40 AM as a reply to ami fran.
Hi Ami, 
thanks for the information. Is it gross or net salary? I also googled and got to know from salary survey that the salary is around 43.5k per yr.
Cherrs, Raji.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/17 2:38 PM as a reply to Raji.
before tax. Taxation, of course, depends on your marital status etc. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/21/17 11:06 AM as a reply to ami fran.
Hello Ami Fran,
The salary seems to be around 3200 gross (got to know from my interview). But they informed me that there will be incentive/bonus, but not said of how much! Do you have any idea about it? Also after becoming a European patent attorney, how much will be salary? It seems that if I prepare well for the qualification examination, I can take the exam only afer 2 yrs of service in a firm in Germany.
Thanks for your reply.
Raji.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3