Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Arbeitslosgeld

Toggle
Arbeitslosgeld
Answer
10/10/07 5:46 PM
I have been working as a Wissenschaftliche mitarbeiter and have submitted my PhD thesis to be defended in a couple of months. And I will have to go to India as soon as I finish my defense for a couple of months. In the meantime I am ofcourse searching for jobs..

My question is, will I be able get Arbeitslosgeld if I apply without my PhD certificate (but I can show them temperorary letter from my Dept that I have finished my PhD)?

And also do I need to be in Germany to get Arbeitslosgeld? Is it not enough that I show them my citi registration and my room contract?

Thank you very much in advance, really appreciate your help.

GGL
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Arbeitslosgeld
Answer
10/11/07 1:45 AM as a reply to google google.
At first place I dont think you are eligible for arbeilosegeld!! Secondly person applying for arbeitlosgeld must be present in Germany for simple reason that he is seriously searching for job. Arbeitsamt keep on contacting you to check your status and guide you about the suitable offers in the market matching your profile. I would suggest you not to do anything silly in Germany, the officials are very serious here and expect the same. If they catch you that you are taking advantage and not follow the norms, they will ban you to enter DE in future.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/07 12:17 PM as a reply to google google.
thanks for the reply,

That was just a question to clarify if I am eligible or not to get Arbeitslosgeld as per my rights, I didnt mean to take advantage of anything in Germany, so don't imagine extreme cases like banning to enter DE etc.
Why do you think I am not eligible to get Arbeitslosgeld if I stay in Germany, anyway I will get a job but for safe side I pose this question.

GGL
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/07 8:29 PM as a reply to google google.
@GGL,

I am sure you can get job if you put some time here.

Did you ever contributed towards social security from your earning during your Phd.? also if authorities do not allow some extra time to search for job, then surely they will not support you for arebeitlosgeld. My understanding is that arbeitamt never pays out of their own pockets, one gets arbeitlosgeld based on his own contribution to social security fund, else there is another fund called social helfe, which is minimum and is a bit diffecult to claim. Sure your status doesnt allow to claim either of these.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/07 8:38 PM as a reply to google google.
@google

Did you get paid from the DFG (for exampple, with a BAT-2B job contract) during your work as a Wissenschaftliche mitarbeiter? If so, you do pay social security and job security taxes, and hence are eligible for Arbeitslosgeld.
However, if you were paid through a fellowship/grant (as many foreign graduate students in German research instutes are) then you cannot apply for Arbeitslosgeld.

Hope this information was helpful.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/07 9:12 PM as a reply to google google.
Thanks for the information Labmouse & Subir,

Yes I did pay various taxes (KV,RV,AV,PV etc) and I was funded by European Comission (BAT-2A job contract)during my research work, so I must be eligible to get Arbeitslosgeld. I confirmed in Ausländerbehorde that I will be given 1 year job search visa too. My initial question was whether I can legally get Arbeitslosgeld for the period I am in India too or from the time I enter Germany again? Because if I confirm that from you experts in this forum, that I wont get it for the period I am in India, then I will apply for it after coming back from India, while searching for jobs.

Thanks again...verymuch appreciate your time
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/11/07 10:50 PM as a reply to google google.
@google,

How long you plan to be in india? As you have explained that you paid all the taxes , I think you can apply for arbeitlosgeld as soon as you start searching job. You can be in india for vaction purposes etc, but you should be registered here and maintain household etc. This is as good as if you are working here and visit your homeland for spending your vacation.

All the best!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/13/07 3:53 AM as a reply to google google.
Subir, I will be in India for around 1 month to 45 days. I have one more question, as I am planning to leave immediately after my Defense, I can't produce my Doctorate certificate (may take more than 15days to get) to the Arbeitsamt but can manage to submit a letter from our uni that I have finished my defense, so is it enough? or do they need PhD certificate to pay Arbeitslosgeld.

Thanks indeed for your wishes and helpful information ...

GGL
0 (0 Votes)

Arbeitslosgeld and NE
Answer
10/14/07 6:23 PM as a reply to google google.
Hi everybody,
I and my wife both work for 2 different universities in Germany. My wife will finish her employment in few weeks. My wife want to register for Arbeitslosgeld (unemployment support). Does the registration influence badly my chance of receiving NE as I will apply for NE next year?
Thank you for infor
H
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3