Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Situation with waiting periods between job change - need help

Toggle
Hi Experts,
I am in a desperate need to change job to a company in Germany. To change the job, I need at least 4 to 5 months transition time.

This time frame comes from, my notice period of 3 months and visa transition to next employer 1-2 months(my Visa is a AE attached to my present employer (I have been employed in Germany for the past one year - so one more year to go, to get BE))

I face a big difficulty in convincing for this huge amount of waiting period. Or the prospectus future employer could not wait for that long and in the first phase phase of the interview itself, it gets dropped out.

Can you all suggest some solutions for my present situation?

Also, I am trying to look at job sites, which will help in filtering jobs with positions only actual at a latter stage (for ex: if the position is to be filled from 6 months from now, then I can confidently apply to this job) - until now no luck. Would be glad, if you can guide me to such job sites in Germany, or where to locate this filtering facility in a German Job site

PS: Now, mainly I am looking in to Jobserve.de, stepstone.de and monster.de

Cheers,
Gladiator.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Situation with waiting periods between job change - need help
Answer
9/28/11 6:53 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
If I understand you correctly, you only need 3 months. The change of job permit could be done concurrently, look for a job and state your availability is 3 months. Once you get an offer start the paperwork ans ask that the new permit starts in 3 months, and when it is confirmed, quit. The ABH should then cancel/limit your old permit and stamp the new one. Sorted.

Cheers,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/11 7:46 PM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
Thnx Alverez.

"If I understand you correctly, you only need 3 months. The change of job permit could be done concurrently, look for a job and state your availability is 3 months. Once you get an offer start the paperwork ans ask that the new permit starts in 3 months, and when it is confirmed, quit."

>>>This is where the problem starts. I dont want to risk the present job until I have the new one available (including the paper work). So to secure it, if I get the paper work done and then quit my job, from that time onwards I need 3 months. so these two cannot be concurrent.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/11 11:03 AM as a reply to Gladiator The Warior.
Hello Gladiator,
your work permit has been delivered once already, and it won t be a problem to deliver it for another employer again. I went exactly through the same situation where I quit my first job after 5 months for the second one. The most important thing is the new contract, once you sign it, you can safely quit the actual one. Just bear a couple of things in mind:
- In germany, it is very questionable when one quits a job within the first 2 years. If you happen not to like the next job, and as well quit it, the german employer might not take you serious anylonger. We are in Germany and not in UK or US
Kind regards
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18