Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

PhD student insurance

Toggle
PhD student insurance
Answer
2/28/05 7:30 PM
I would like to ask you a new question: I am a PhD student employed by the German University(Under 4 year contract). I am currently insurred by TK. Can I change this insurance agent and apply for an insurance in a private company like Mawista? What happen with social insurance if I change the insurance company? Now, my social and health insurances are paid through TK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: PhD student insurance
Answer
2/28/05 8:24 PM as a reply to N Nguyen.
you can change your health insurance if you are registered with them for more than 2 years ( or 1.5 years).
You do not need to think about other things. those will work automatically.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: PhD student insurance
Answer
3/1/05 7:08 PM as a reply to N Nguyen.
if you are 30 years young student you have to be insured by Gesetzliche (national) agencies (am not sure). Secondly, if you are a BATx/2 (civil servant) you probably do not earn enough (ca less than €2.5-3.3K pm) to be exempted Gesetzliche agencies. Am not sure if after your 30th birthday you can switch to private KV despite earning little, but you can only switch to another Gesetzliche after 18months (they have to give you a kind of recomendation)

Social insurance is not affected I guess
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18