Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE for wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Toggle
NE for wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Answer
3/22/07 9:04 PM
Hallo all,

Since October 2002 I have been in Germany. After abtaining my M.Sc. in early 2005, I continued to work as wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter at a university with 3 years contract, which according to my professor could be extended.

My questions are:
Could I apply for NE right now, I mean after 2 year work?
How about the possibility?
Should I make an application in October of this year?

Any hints are definitely appreciated.

Regards,
Xi
0 (0 Votes)

Re: NE for wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Answer
3/30/07 2:25 PM as a reply to jun ni.
Could I apply as so-called "hoch qualifizierte"?
Who wants to share his/her experience in such cases?

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Xi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/07 4:23 PM as a reply to jun ni.
M.Sc is not considered'hoch qualifiziert' otherwise myself and thousands of other would already have NE by now.

The question about Wissenshaftlicher Mitarbeiter applying for NE came in this Forum N number of time but havent heard of the conclusion. Either they were unsuccessful or forgot to update in the forum after getting what they want.

Why dont u be the first person to ask in the ABH and if successful share your experience here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/07 10:15 PM as a reply to jun ni.
Thanks a lot for your analysis.

Do my publications and expected doctorate make any contribution to the application?

Xi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/07 2:36 PM as a reply to jun ni.
@ raj

Why do you underestimate M.Sc..I got my NE with §19 based on my M.Sc Qualifications.

@ xianese

You can always apply for §19 NE but you need to proove that you have stability in your job. 99.99% of uni jobs are only befristet to a mximum of 5 years ..so the Auslandsamt might not give you the NE. but if in case you have a Engineer position as it is Unbefristet you have a great chance to get as Uni job is a Government job and it is more stable.

Your publications and Doctorate degree might also help to proove that you are a scientist. But you definetely need a very very strong letter from your professor to move your case..otherwise you need to have paper in journals like 'Nature' or having a great patent applied on your invention..

I would suggest that you go and ask the boss of the Auslandsamt..Never ask a clerk..he will refuse..

I have also written about my experiences in this forum couple of years before..

Good Luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/07 8:05 PM as a reply to jun ni.
1. Some time back i read in info4alien.de forum that a post doctorate who worked for 5 years as 'Wissentschaftliche Mitarbeiter mit Abgeschlossener Promotion' was denied NE since his position was limited for a 6 years total. He tried to counterprove his case but i don't know the result - you may have to look through archives in that forum. So if you position is 'befristet', and not the one Rajesh held or holds, you must be aware of this.

2. Regarding 'hoch qualifiziert' - last time i checked the publications for NRW i found that in order to apply based on that paragraph rule of thumb in NRW is that you either have to earn something like 81K per year or be a leader of the project in the university which in most cases implies a doctorate degree and a strong publications record. However, in your area rules may be different, so you can try applying with a strong applcation package that Rajesh already mentioned - letter from advisor, list of publications, honors, etc. I think that this 'hoch qualifiziert' paragraph is not precisely formulated in the law at this moment of time so you just have to persuade the clerks that you are qualified. So if you are in good relations with your boss you can try your luck since you got nothing to lose. In fact that's the only way you can justify your applcation for NE right now. If this does not work i am afraid there's a good chance you have to wait for 5 years of work and hope that you'll avoid the scenario in 1.
BTW, you also must check what is the 'purpose of staying' in Germany written in your visa and corresponding paragraph of the law. If you are working towards your doctorate so you are a graduate student, you have to make sure that the purpose of your staying in Germany is working, and not studying for a doctorate degree so you are staying according to §18 and not §16.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/6/07 9:48 PM as a reply to jun ni.
Thanks both of you for the valueful reply.

As a ph.d candidate in engineering field, I have only three publications with my name as the first author. One of them is accepted by IEEE journal, another is accepted by IEEE-based conference. None of them is peer to pure science/nature. I have no confidence in whether my professor is willing to offer a very strong prove letter for I invest nearly all of time in my research instead of flattering him;)

I think it's suggestive for me to file application after obtaining a stable position.

Xi
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/07 8:28 PM as a reply to jun ni.
Hi xianese,

I don't think that a student with no academic institution profession does have a chance to get NE w.r.t. $19. In practice NE is never issued to pure students. Degrees higher than PhD might have a chance. Besides the academic education, an additional academic profession (like research worker) is -almost- a must.

I am working in an international/private company here in Germany, have a MSc degree from an internationally-accepted university in Turkey, have 2 international patents and 3 technical publications, one of them is in an IEEE conference. Thru my observations around, I even don't think that I will have a NE $19 despite these qualifications, because the NE wrt. $19 in AufenthG does not have a clear definition/notion of "high qualification" and the requirements for workers in private companies are very restricted.

People who are working as researcher in public institutions have much much higher chances to get NE $19. Very little chance for private. Rajesh has given very useful informations in these forums in the past, I strongly recommend to read them, as he stated also. And he Rajesh restated again, a very strong letter from the professor will definitely help 99.99%.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18