Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC Holder : Loss of Job after 3+ Years - Advice please

Toggle
I´m working in Munich wiht GC for the past 40 Months. Now the company is in Financial crisis and there is a chance for the crash.

In the second page of my visa sticker it´s written as follows.

"Selbständige Erwerbstätigkeit oder vergleichbare unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nicht gestattet. Unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nur als IT-Spezialist gemäß der IT-AV bei der Firma XXXXX GmbH gestattet.
Die Aufenthaltsgenehmigung erlischt mit Beendigung der Beschäftigung bei obengenannten Arbeitgeber.
Keine weiteren gültigen amtlichen Eintragungen."

Now the following quesitions arises:

* What are the possibilities to extend the Visa until I get a new job? Here there are discussions about BE. I`ll appreciate if anyone can mail me the format of application and post the advice with respect to my visa conditions.

* Arbeitslosgeld: How long I can get it? Can you please suggest me a website if there is any calculator to calculate the amount i´ll get.

* Infomation about Consultants/Job sites to find jobs for Java Developer in Germany.

My email Address is maharaja1200@yahoo.com

Thank you very much for spending your time to look
through my post.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC Holder : Loss of Job after 3+ Years - Advice please
Answer
6/26/05 5:40 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Hi !
Sorry to hear about your company. But do not loose hope. There are still adequate jobs of GCs despite media hype about arbeitlos.

* What are the possibilities to extend the Visa until I get a new job? Here there are discussions about BE. I`ll appreciate if anyone can mail me the format of application and post the advice with respect to my visa conditions.

-> 6 months (definite- by law). For additional months the beamter checks cirumstances and your financial condition. Having worked 3 yrs you should get around 1 year.

* Arbeitslosgeld: How long I can get it? Can you please suggest me a website if there is any calculator to calculate the amount i´ll get.

-> For 12 months you will get approximately 65 -67% of your brutto. After 12 mths comes in the normal Arbeitlosgeld comes Hartz IV, where you will get only around 300 Euros and rest you have to manage yourself.

* Infomation about Consultants/Job sites to find jobs for Java Developer in Germany.
You cannot work as consultant unless you have very good German and necessary work permit but you can always try your luck. These are the sites that are most helpful

www.jobpilot.de
www.monster.de
www.jobscout24.de
www.jobware.de
www.adecco.de
www.acenture.de
Check magazies like CT etc.
Suggestions :
Write a very good CV and application in German.
Learn German during this time. Spend most of the time searching for job !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/05 6:41 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
just a small correction to given answer.

-> For 12 months you will get approximately 65 -67% of your brutto. After 12 mths comes in the normal Arbeitlosgeld comes Hartz IV, where you will get only around 300 Euros and rest you have to manage yourself.

Foreigners with limited residence permits are not eligible for getting Hartz IV. It would be really awesome to get the 65 % of your brutto as arbeitslosengeld which would basicly mean more than your initial salary during your employment time emoticon you get %65 of your NETTO salary.

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/05 8:53 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
"Die Aufenthaltsgenehmigung erlischt mit Beendigung der Beschäftigung bei obengenannten Arbeitgeber."

that's a problem. in other words, as soon as your work by your company ends, you have to leave the country. it will be even bigger problem if you loose your job because of bankruptcy of your company, as in such a case you will not have time to apply for a new residence permit in advance. moreover, your application for Alg must be turned down if you have such a condition in your residence permit.

therefore the right step would be to apply to change the conditions in your residence permit, and reason this application by a simple fact that you work in Germany for 3+ years and you are GC, so that:
- in your case there is no check of labour market to be done, if you will change your job on another IT-job;
- even if you will change your job on some other non-IT-job, it is not necessary to perform any check of labour market in your case.

as soon as there will not be any conditions in your residence permit like:
"Unselbständige Erwerbstätigkeit nur ... bei der Firma XXXXX GmbH gestattet."
and
"Die Aufenthaltsgenehmigung erlischt mit Beendigung der Beschäftigung bei obengenannten Arbeitgeber."
in case of unemployment you do not have to go to immigration office at all, just apply for Alg and after that for Alg II.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/26/05 9:03 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
What "-" says I can only support 100%. Go ASAP to ABH and change your visa to a better one.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 12:38 AM as a reply to Rahul P.
I thank you all for the valuable suggestions.

Regarding change of Visa conditions:

* How I have to ask for the change of Visa conditions?

* What I have to bring with me for the change?
(Like Proof of 3+ Years, Any application form, Law reference copies etc.,)

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 2:53 AM as a reply to Rahul P.
"* How I have to ask for the change of Visa conditions?"

it's a lottery. i will explain - you have to know people who seet there, that is how they react on certain kind of situations and questions

"* What I have to bring with me for the change?"

it's a range from nothing to nothing. if you make your application in the way that it will be perfect for that particular guy, you don't need anything. if you make an application in a terrible wrong way for that particular guy, it will does not matter how many papers you will bring with you - now or afterwards

Munich? a question - do you understand people there, i mean natives?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 12:08 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
According to law you have every right to get other AE. The trick is only in your communication skills.

1. If you can speak German then you have reached 50% already

2. Another 25% you reach if you go there and do not look panic or stressed, it is important to look extremely cool. Do not show that you are in any sort of trouble.

The rest is luck. It depends a lot on your beamte and his/her mood :-( .

The typical question which you can face are:

Why do you want to change your visa ?? Your current one is good you are still working in same company, so what do you want, go home and do not bother us ! If you change company, you will get new visa without problem !

You have to figure out the answer on that and stay cool.

Also important: in the internal instructions of the ABH is written that the ABH should not take care of the interest of the foreigner at all !!! So if you come there and say "it will be better for ME to have other AE" then you lost, except you have met very friendly beamter. Search for other formulations which would ultimately lead to fact that "If ABH does give you new visa it will be good for Germany/My Company/Other company".

Do not ask me how to reach that, I do not know !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 1:04 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Do Antrag auf Auflage Aufhebung.
Do not say that your company is going pleite.
Just say that you want to do Nebentätigkeit.

Lots of us allready got Be or even Eg that way.
When you get it your visa is valid for every firma so when you change job you do not need to go to AA or ABH at all.
Even if you do not have job your visa will be valid if you get Be or Eg.

Search the forum for details.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 1:20 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
"Why do you want to change your visa ??"

most likely it will be asked

"Your current one is good you are still working in same company, so what do you want, go home and do not bother us ! If you change company, you will get new visa without problem !"

this will be told only if he will not answer on the previous question right

"in the internal instructions of the ABH is written that the ABH should not take care of the interest of the foreigner at all !!!"

100%

"Just say that you want to do Nebentätigkeit."

that's of course one good reason, but think about it: Germany already has 5 mio. unemployed people and Nebentätigkeit could possibly be a job for some long-time unemployed native. so there is no guarantee that this reason will work, in the right way

""it will be better for ME to have other AE" then you lost"

hehe. how do you think, what happens when somebody comes and says: "i have a right for other AE. you HAVE TO give me one, here and now"?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 4:02 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Can anyone please mail me the format for
"Antrag auf Auflage Aufhebung"

My Email address is maharaja1200@yahoo.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 4:20 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
"

that's a problem. in other words, as soon as your work by your company ends, you have to leave the country." --- if this is the case and if someone has applied for arbeitslos geld (and eligible to get this money), then he will get this money sitting in his country (where he has to leave germany after loosing his job)?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 5:40 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
"if this is the case and if someone has applied for arbeitslos geld (and eligible to get this money)"

with such a condition he is not eligible to get Alg. in order to get Alg, you need to be available on the german labour market. you are not available on the german labour market if you have to leave the country and no other residence permit can be issued to you, the one that would allow some kind of employment ;)

most likely that employment office will not accept your application and send you to immigration office, in order to clarify whether other residence permit can be issued to you. normally they should clarify it themselves, but they are lazy and in such a situation you cannot punish them for their laziness without being punished youself ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 5:49 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
Can anyone please mail me the format for
"Antrag auf Auflage Aufhebung"

My Email address is maharaja1200@yahoo.com
mr1200

What's wrong?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/27/05 5:55 PM as a reply to Rahul P.
"Can anyone please mail me the format for
"Antrag auf Auflage Aufhebung""

Just a simple brief.

Your address in the header or in the footer
Recipients' address

City, Date

Subject: Antrag auf Auflage Aufhebung

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

By this letter i submit an "Antrag auf Auflage Aufhebung" and apply for the following:

1. To change conditions in my residence permit Nr. XXX, so that they will sound like follows:

Beschäftigung erlaubt

2. To notify me about the processing time of this application in advance

Reasons

Here you write all the reasons that justify your application

Sincerely yours,

Your name and signature

Attachments
A list of attachments to the letter

------------------------------------

Then you make a copy of this letter for yourself, go to post and send an original as a registered letter. it will cost you 1,60 EUR extra. you will get a check from a post, you should keep it as well, 'cause it has a number by which a fate of your letter can be tracked down later if need be.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott