Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

ICICI Bank Germany

Toggle
ICICI Bank Germany
Answer
11/17/08 8:10 PM
Hi all,
I am considering opening an account with the German branch of ICICI bank and like to know about anyone having experience with them.
Moreover is it possible to open an account with a nomination facility (to nominate someone living in India) in ICICI German branch or with any other Bank in Germany?
Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: ICICI Bank Germany
Answer
11/17/08 10:30 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
I dont think ICICI bank has a branch in Germany. They have one in UK. You should be able to open an account by sending the required documents by post I guess

Nirmal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/17/08 10:50 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
They already have one branch in Germany
Please have a look here
http://www.icicibank.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/08 11:20 AM as a reply to Raj Arora.
thats only a HiZins account and not a savings/current or regular banking thing ..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/08 11:25 AM as a reply to Raj Arora.
@raj2004

ICICI Bank in Germany is not a branch, it is Tochterunternehmen of of ICICI Bank Limited.

From the customer point-of-view there is no difference between normal german banks and
ICICI Bank.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/08 11:28 AM as a reply to Raj Arora.
One has to exercise caution here with ICICI Germany.

If there is any liquidity problem with ICICI Bank India (parent company), then it will effect the ICICI German operations.

In UK, many Icelandic banks having branches in UK had to seized by UK regulator.

Their credit rating is not even higher than the sovereign rating of India, so to attract customer they will have to offer higher interest rates.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/20/08 3:16 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
Hello,

Does anyone have an account with ICICI bank in Germany. If yes please let us know your experiences about the bank for e.g. customer service, online transactions and security.

Thanks,

Suresh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/09 3:44 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
DO NOT BANK WITH ICICI.

DO NOT BANK WITH ICICI

Whether its in germany or in India. THey milk you till the last drop. Get an accountin nationalised banks ( any SB groups) and in here with DB or good banks.....

no ICICI ....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/09 3:56 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
would be better if you give your reasons as well.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/09 7:05 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
I have an ICICI bank account back in india. It was taken in 2003 as at that time the loan process was so simple from ICICI.

I have accounts with other nationalised banks like SB and canara too.

1.I went for the payment of Telephone bills through the bank to get a certificate from ICICI they were charging me . where from SB or canara it was free. ICICI charge for any sort of payment certificate which they use our money, they charge us!!!! i find it very odd

2. ON the M2India thing where i used to transfer money . if you notice the the way they keep the MOney in hand and transfer to your account. well with all the banks they do charge but ICICI they loot you mercilessly.

3. On transfering money through normal transaction mehtod to SB or canara. I see the charges or the difference reasonable.

Above all these, Where do u see the branches of ICICI banks? all in Metros and where they have lot of NRI Population. Why dont u see ICICI in remote places where there are people who need banking facilities. Go to the remote places, you will see the branches of SB groups, even if they have to pay fees to local goons (in fact thats how they do it). the purpose is to serv the people who are deprived of banking facility. Where as ICICI comes and get you if you are NRI and the neo rich. Why dont ICICI give any agricultural loan or any devleopmental loan? to the normal farmers Why should I Bank throu /with ICICI with my money ( even though its peanuts), who is not helping the common people of India?

And thank god I am finishing my Loan and Not even a single penny i would like to bank with ICICI.

Please note that its my personel opinion and if anybody hurt, I do apologise and regret inconvinience caused. I wont be replying to nevr ending discussions.

Shönen Abend!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/09 7:47 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
I can imagine ICICI bank having hidden charges and not letting you know upfront. I dont think they can do so in Germany.

That is exactly their businesss model. You should understand ICICI bank is a listed company answerable to shareholders. You should not expect a listed company to running a charity show.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/09 7:52 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
>>Please note that its my personel opinion and if anybody hurt, I do apologise and regret inconvinience caused. I wont be replying to nevr ending discussions.

There is no need to apologise and no one is hurt. My request was that you share your reason for disappointment as it will be informative for other people.

One thing you have to understand is ICICI is a private bank and they need to make a profit. They dont do agricultural loans because it is always a loss for the bank except a few cases. My father worked for a nationalised bank, so i know the ins and outs of those things.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/09 8:46 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
Dear All,

To inform you i have ICICI Bank account here in germany for past 4 months. Untill now i am transfering the money with out any problem and also vice versa. Actually i came to know ICICI germany website from ICICI India website at contact section.

Untill now no bad experienc. I am getting interest for the money deposited here in germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/09 10:09 PM as a reply to Raj Arora.
@sonyjohn

Could you kindly let me know how are you able to transfer money online from Germany through SBI? I had tried it few months ago, but couldn't find a way of doing it.

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18