Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Any working suggestion in between promotion?

I have submitted my Ph.D. Thesis at the end of October 2010 but my contracts already ended in April 2010.
Now I have to wait until I'm eligible for oral examination which might takes place in at earliest might be January / February 2011.
The project I'm working in is closed so it's impossible for me to get a WiHi position.
At the moment I'm jobless and would like to find part-time workplace as graduated chemical engineer or any other legal work available work while concentrating for my examination.
Of course I've been also looking for a permanent workplace already but still without success.
Unfortunately, after discussion with local Bundesagentur für Arbeit, I'm not eligible for Arbeitslosengeld I.
I have the 90 days work-permit / 180 half-day work permit.

My question:
- What is my status currently? (am I still considered a student or just a jobless person)
- Am I eligible for applying Studentenwerk at company? (considering that I'm no longer studying at the university)
- Am I eligible for doing Praktikum? (which is normally takes 3 months)
- if any of you have encountered the same situation like I do, what did you do during that time?
- Any Website you can recommend for searching part-time job?

Any help is really appreciated.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18