Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

visa requirement

Toggle
visa requirement
Answer
10/5/05 6:05 PM
Hi there,

One of my friend, living in switzerland having residence permit there, wants to visit our family in germany. Does he need a visitor visa for a short trip to germany. I would appreciate if somebody can give a link, where this info is published.

Best Regards
Sim
0 (0 Votes)

Re: visa requirement
Answer
10/5/05 6:38 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
Hi
It depends on the nationality of the visitor and not on the fact whether he/she has residence permit for Switzerland.

Please see:

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/de/willkommen/einreisebestimmungen/liste_html

You can check it also at the web site of the German Embassy in Switzerland:
http://www.bern.diplo.de/de/01/Visabestimmungen/Visabestimmungen.html

They dont mention any special regulations for the people who have Swiss residence permits.
(By the way, third country nationals living in EU with a valid EU residence permit can enter Switzerland without any other requirement for touristic visits, although Switzerland is not part of the EU.)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 6:54 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
well he is an Indian national..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 7:21 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
He needs a visa which he has to apply at Bern.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/05 7:36 PM as a reply to Surinder S.
HI

I think,,,

It is depends on the person(police) who contols you at border.......

I visited Germany many times with my swiss visa through vorarlberg,austria.ofcourse i do have germany, austria and swiss visas.

but around 2 to 3 times some police at austrian border asked me , show me your passport also.but they never saw my german visa.

In switzerland they issue residence permit as Identitycard,but not in passport.

but remember, if your friend having swiss visa as identity card, is not valid to come to Germany, But if he has swiss visa in his passport, then he can,,,,

regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18