Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Residence status

Toggle
Residence status
Answer
10/2/10 3:54 PM
I am studying Master course here in Germany and planing to start PhD as well after completion of Master studies.

Is there any benefit to pay Taxes to German govt. to get unlimited visa or German Nationality after six years?

If yes, then what sort of payments should be made that benefit me after six years?

Kindly let me know, if you know something other than this question that give benefit after living six years on student status.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Residence status
Answer
10/17/10 11:33 PM as a reply to amad 12.
still waiting for reply...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/10 2:12 PM as a reply to amad 12.
Rules change all the time, so come back with your question after your PhD
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/10 3:06 PM as a reply to amad 12.
@thread starter

if u have been livin in Germany after 1.1.2005, you should have paid 60 months Rente versicherung(RV) to be considered for NE(permanent residentship application).

if it is your plan, make sure that you pay tax and RV everymonth when doing your Phd. i.e., you should get salary(BAT/TVöd) instead of stipend for your phd.

citizenship can be applied after 6 or 7 or 8 years of stay in Germany. I don't know about tax/RV consequence on this.

good luck!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18