Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

einbürgerung procedure question

Toggle
einbürgerung procedure question
Answer
7/14/09 9:08 PM
Hello friends,

I have a question on einbürgerung process. I was told by local amt that I will be informed about their confirmation on my einbürgerung with which I should consult my native land emabassy and inform them that I would like to give up old nationality and going to take German nationality, at the same time should get a confirmation from them on this that they accept it.

Once I show the confirmation from my present nationality embassy then local amt proceed further ..

Is it the regular procedure? Any idea how much this process would take.

What will be the procedure after this, will it be the last thing to do or will there be any further things to do?

Can some one who has already gone through the process can explain the further steps

Thank you in advance,

-RK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: einbürgerung procedure question
Answer
7/14/09 9:19 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
>>Once I show the confirmation from my present nationality embassy then local amt proceed further
Is it the regular procedure? Any idea how much this process would take.

The process is different for different countries. The process you say is certainly applicable for certain natiionalities

>>What will be the procedure after this, will it be the last thing to do or will there be any further things to do?

I think the Amt will not ask you to do it if they are not goin to give you the citizenship. No one can tell how long it will take, because ease case is different and one cannot just compare two persons application.

If all the process is done, you will be intimated with a letter saying you can collect the Urkunde.

Which nationality are you?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/09 10:07 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
Thanks for quick reply raj.

Iam from India. But if I understood correctly from previous threads, it was not like this, isn't it.

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/09 10:18 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
>>Iam from India. But if I understood correctly from previous threads, it was not like this, isn't it.

Yes it is completely new. Normally they take your indian passport and give the Einburgerungsurkunde. They themselves send the passport to the Indian consulate for cancellation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/09 10:34 PM as a reply to alien in_de.
As far as I know, from different cases, this is always the case. They ask you to get your current nationality canceled by the respective consulate.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/09 1:05 AM as a reply to alien in_de.
thank you for update.

btw, any idea how much time that process of cancellation might take if one go personally. Would it be in days, weeks or months? What will be the procedure as such. I expect they should simply take the present PP and simply give a confirmation, that should be sufficient for the need, isn't it.

An update would be great.

thanks again.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3