Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Citizenship Application in Bayern

Toggle
Citizenship Application in Bayern tuco duco 1/19/10 1:35 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Moh Sh 1/19/10 2:30 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern ka sr 1/19/10 3:15 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern tuco duco 1/19/10 3:46 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Moh Sh 1/19/10 4:09 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Sachidanandam Sundarraju 1/20/10 1:46 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern ka sr 1/20/10 1:58 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Sachidanandam Sundarraju 1/20/10 4:01 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Jivan Talaash 1/20/10 10:08 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Jivan Talaash 1/20/10 10:35 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Moh Sh 1/21/10 11:48 AM
RE: Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern scor pion 11/24/15 11:31 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 1/21/10 7:18 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 1/21/10 8:21 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern moiin moiin 1/21/10 9:23 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Rajendra K 1/22/10 11:28 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 1/22/10 3:52 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Jivan Talaash 1/22/10 11:38 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Rajendra K 1/25/10 11:33 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 1/25/10 2:12 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 3/4/10 2:49 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Rajendra K 3/4/10 7:53 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 3/5/10 11:25 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Rajendra K 3/5/10 1:26 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 3/6/10 2:21 PM
gave up your nationality Ahmed Khalil 3/7/10 3:49 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Rajendra K 3/8/10 11:28 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 3/8/10 3:42 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 3/12/10 1:29 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Rajendra K 3/12/10 11:18 AM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern Ravi Shankar 3/12/10 7:08 PM
Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern vinto vin 5/12/10 7:42 PM
Citizenship Application in Bayern
Answer
1/19/10 1:35 PM
Hello friends!
I get involved into confusion after reading many posts about the issue whether or not AB in Bayern counts student time for citizenship. Few people have written it down that in Bayern, AB counts only 2 years of your student time for the citizenship application. On contrary people say that AB in Bayern doesn't count your student time at all.
If anyone has his/her own personal experience of citizenship application during recent time in Bayern, please share !!!
In my case i am completing my 7 years stay in Germany and willing to apply for citizenship. My profile for stay in Germany is;
-mid 2003 to mid 2006 Student (3 years as student without renten)
-mid 2006 to mid 2007 Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (1 year as student with renten)
-mid 2007 till now Working in a company with unlimited contract (3 year with renten)
-from 2008 onwards NE
Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern
Answer
1/19/10 2:30 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
Student time is counted for citizenship application.
The only condition is that you should be working when applying for citizenship. As you are working now, so you can apply under 7 year rule.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/10 3:15 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
iam also having the same question.
now iam having DE-EG Visa and also completed integration course. By end of march i will complete 7 years stay in Germany (Student + job). Presently living in Bayern.

my question:
1. i think many Indians in this forum took German Citizenship some are in dilema whether to take it or not even tough they are eligible. If some of you (those who took German Citizenship) have time, could you please explain in what way German Citizenship is useful(or having advantages) compared to Indian citizenship????? and compared to DE-EG Visa???

2. After taking German citizenship, is it possible to take back Indian citizenship? if yes is that a big lengthy process??

thank you for your time
Sinu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/10 3:46 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@UMTS11
did you apply for citizenship in Bayern?
If it is not too much, can you please describe your case in details !!!
Thanx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/10 4:09 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@ tucoduco
Yes i did and got it in Bayern.

Better is to visit the office where you live and ask them.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/10 1:46 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@ sinu78:
These are the arguments coming into my mind to go for DE-Citizenship:

1.)After German citizenship + OCI status you don't loose much in India (Google for detail).

2.)If you live in India for 1 year as an OCI, then you may apply for Indian citizenship again.

3.)With German citizenship you have the freedom of going to India or some other country for few years (for work or smth..) and come back, if you want, any time without any risk to Germany (compared to NE or EG status).

4.)Visa-Free travel for some countries with German citiznship is also an advantage if your work requires travelling....
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/10 1:58 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@xyxyxy

thank you.

3.)With German citizenship you have the freedom of going to India or some other country for few years (for work or smth..) and come back, if you want, any time without any risk to Germany (compared to NE or EG status).

otherhan EU countries which countries allow to work with German Citizenship?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/10 4:01 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
otherthan India, which countries allow to work with Indian Citizenship?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/10 10:08 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@ UMTS - when did you apply for your citizenship and when did you get it ?

I do believe you but would be interested to know when it happened. Did you have any special integration skills to show like language skills C1, PHd etc ?

In general, I am in a similar situation and I have been in contact with the senior most officials in the Regierung Oberbayern with the Regierungsrat.

There are 2 paragraphs under which you can apply for citizenship.

Para 10 - where you have right to get citizenship (8 year case).
Para 8 - discretion of government of oberbayern (6 or 7 year case).

Now if you have been student (also my case) and have 8 years full and at time of application of citizenship you are working(gesicherter lebensunterhalt), they put you in para 8(because they are not obliged to count education time) and give you citizenship. Had you been working all the time they would have given it to you in para 10.

They say(atleast now) that if you have been student and have 6 years years then you have to show exceptional integration skills (social work, etc) and they will consider you in para 8 and decide. In case you have integration certificate (you need to send language + orientation course test certificate to BAMF), then they could consider you also in para 8.

The difference to other states is that in all above cases you would have been considered in para 10 (ýour right to get citizenship).

Anyway there are many fine details. Just drop me an email at jivan.ki.talaash@gmail.com and I will give you some valuable infos.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/10 10:35 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@ UMTS - were you also a student ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/10 11:48 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
Yes i was student and i applied under para 8. I applied last year & got it last year (total process time was around 7 months). the total stay when i got it was over 8 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/10 7:18 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
Hi UMTS 11,

Which place in Bayern did you apply?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/10 8:21 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@jivankitalaash,

I have been working all the time. but I was given a application nach 8. I have been living & working (of course in IT) in Germany since 2001, so it doesent make sense as to what u are saying.

I am not disuputing, but they have put me under 8.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/10 9:23 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
Hi All,

does it mean, according to the para 8; the applicant needs to provide integration and language cetificate?

But so far I know, if someone is living more than 8 years legally (student + working time) then s/he can apply directly for citizenship (actually the new rule is based on whether someone is living here after 2005 or before 2005 and the 8 years time is enough time for integration with the socity for such an applicant and does not need any integration certificate except the citizenship test [imposed after September 2009]), or is it false?

I also heard a case, one guy wanted to apply before 8 years but he was told that he should go there when he will complete 8 years!

Whatever, this is a complex process!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/10 11:28 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
Hi,
I applied in Nov 2009 in Bayern after completing 8 yrs. Since I was a student before I was asked to show the degree certificate , ZD test certificate and Einbuergerungs test certificate and other documents but was not asked to submit the integration and I was asked to put my application under paragraph 8.

After a month I got a letter that the process is with Ober Bayern government and they have no control on my case here at the local EBamt.

Its now 3 months and I hope it might take another 3 months..
cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/10 3:52 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@Rajendra

Which Place in Bayern did you apply?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/10 11:38 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@ Shanks - if you have been living since 2001 and working all the time, you have a right to get citizenship and should apply under paragraph 10. So dont worry and talk to your Sachbearbeiter.

@ Rajendra - As I said if you have been living 8 years of more and were a student, you should get citizenship without any problem. However, its theoretically at their discretion and thats why you applied under para 8. Thats the reason that the case is with Regierung Ober/Niederbayern.

Had you been living since 8 years like Shanks, you would apply under para 10. Integrationskurszertifikat is needed only if you want to reduce time from 8 to 7 years and exactly this doesnt work for ex-students in bayern.

http://bundesrecht.juris.de/rustag/ all paras are here.

If you are an ex-student, I would request you to send an email to me jivan.ki.talaash@gmail.com. I have the right contacts in the ministries for pushing the cause of ex-students so that education time is counted.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/10 11:33 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
@Shanks
I applied in Erding
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/25/10 2:12 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@jivankitalash

I have already applied, but there was no choice given to me in the form. She asked me at the end if I landed as a student in Germany and I told her "no". So am not sure under which section has she filed me?

I mentioned 8 because the list of the documents, I was asked to collect was under Para 8 but no-where in the form did I have a choice to select the Para.Since she asked me a question if I landed as a student in Germany, may have been of some help. But you never know.

Do you know typical processing time? Is Para 10 faster than Para 8?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/10 2:49 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@Rajendrak

Have you recieved any further communication in connection with your application.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/10 7:53 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
Hi,
I got the EB urkunde after 4 weeks.
Applied for reisepass and personalausweis too emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/10 11:25 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
@rajendrak

Congrats. I am really very happy for you.

Can you please let me know when did you apply, when did you get your first letter that the file has been sent to Oberbayern and when did you recieve your final confirmation?

Please let me know clearly.

I applied on Jan 19th, got my first letter on Feb27th, of my file being sent to Oberbayern.

I am trying to analyze when approximately can I expect my EB.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/10 1:26 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
Hi Shanks,
I gave all the requested documents during first week of December and the officer made sure he doesn't need any more.He told me he needs 2 weeks toi prepare my case before he sends it out to Oberbayerishe Regierung and at the same time he told me that there is nothing he can do to influence the file as it goes to Oberbayerishe Regierung and asked me not to call or mail about the status. When he gets something from the top he will write me a mail.
In mid Jan , he wrote me a letter to come and collect the Urkunde. The processing was quicker as it comes under Landshut area. I was prepared for few months anyways emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/6/10 2:21 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@rajendrak

It is good, if it was so fast..but what surprises me is that you have written in Mid-Jan he sent you a letter and asked u to collect Urkunde.

But on Jan 22nd , you have sent a post to trust7, where u have mentioned that it has already been 3 months since u have applied(Nov 2009) and you are still waiting for a answer. so your statement that you recieved the urkunde letter in mid of Jan has surprised me, but at the same time made me hopeful of a fast response.

You have also mentioned that you recieved a letter that ur file has been transferred to Oberbayern only after a month.

But it is good that you got it fast.

I would like to know

1) the date you recieved the letter saying your file has been transferred to Oberbayern office.

2) How many days/weeks after that first letter, did you recieve the second communication about ur Urkunde being ready. The date please.

Thanks for your support.
0 (0 Votes)

gave up your nationality
Answer
3/7/10 3:49 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
Hi,
I just have a question concening gaving up own nationality before taking the German citizenship. I heard that there are some exceptions for this role. Has anybody succeeded to keep his own nationality in addition to the German citizenship, and if so, which documents needed to do it?
Best regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/10 11:28 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
@Shanks
True..
At end of Nov I got in touch with my officer and though my documents are with him, he hasn't started any processing. The letter he sent me was what he told me on the day of official process but he sent it later, just for a formal information.
The lead time to build my file took about a month as I had a typo in Zertifikat Deutsch for place of birth.

I was also surprised as I was told to expect some thing roughly for 3 months. And since I was a student before, officer told me to be prepared for a rejection otherwise.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/10 3:42 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@rajendrak

You still havent answered my question on the precise dates

1) THE DATE you recieved the letter saying your file has been transferred to Oberbayern office.

2) How many days/weeks after that first letter, did you recieve the second communication about ur Urkunde being ready. THE DATE PLEASE.

If he sent you a letter Mid-Jan to collect your Urkunde, what confuses me is that you posted on Jan 22nd on the forum that you are still waiting.This is what confuses me.

Anyways, can you please mention the dates very clearly as this will give me a good idea.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/10 1:29 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
I have recieved my urkunde today.

Applied on Jan 19th,2010
Recieved the Urkunde today-Mar 11,2010.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/10 11:18 AM as a reply to tuco duco.
Congratulations Shanks emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/10 7:08 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@rajendrak

Thanks Rajendra.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/12/10 7:42 PM as a reply to tuco duco.
@Shanks:

Which city and which AB did u apply?

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Citizenship Application in Bayern
Answer
11/24/15 11:31 AM as a reply to Moh Sh.
Moh Sh:
Yes i was student and i applied under para 8. I applied last year & got it last year (total process time was around 7 months). the total stay when i got it was over 8 years.

Dear Moh Sh:

Can you please also comment on my thread..

http://www.trust7.com/forum/-/message_boards/message/860629?_19_redirect=%2F

Thank you !!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3