Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Insurance required for getting work permit

Toggle
Hi folks,

I got a job in Hamburg and need to get a work permit. The German embassy website lists a GKV certificate among the documents required in their checklist. So I was wondering whether it was required to get insurance before making an appointment at the consulate? When I contacted the HR, they said that I can easily get it online. But when I checked, it requires a German address/need to mail the form by post. 

Thanks in advance.
+1 (1 Vote)

RE: Insurance required for getting work permit
Answer
4/3/17 12:25 PM as a reply to Nithin.
Hi Folks ,

I also have the same doubt.  
As per the blue card visa requirements ,
Overseas medical insurance has to be provided at the time of visa approval.
Requirements:
 Valid for the first six months of your stay in Germany and for all Schengen countries.
 Minimum coverage 30,000 € and repatriation. (Medical insurances connected to credit cards are not accepted)
Conditions must be stated either on insurance document or on separate confirmation letter
 Insurance is supposed to start from the date of your travel and has to be valid for a period of six months

As per my german employer , we cannot provide you health insurance till the time you don't become an employee with us . But we will cover your health insurance from the day of commencement of your employement with us i.e. when i'll land in germany .
Now my concern is , do i need to manage the health insurance on my own just for the prupose of VISA stamping ? Is it mandatory to have it as the employer will provide once i'll be working with them ? If yes , could you suggest some of the online insurance providers.

People with blue card , please help .  
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Insurance required for getting work permit
Answer
4/3/17 4:24 PM as a reply to Nilesh Vijayrania.
For Visa stamping purpose, you need to take minimum of 3 months coverage of health insurance. You can also take this insurance from the country where you live as schengan visa health insurance. 

I dont know which country you are messaging from, In case of India, I took from Bharati Axa. Try to compare and check which is cheaper. 

This is a new formats, I dont know why do they want such insurance.

You can also take from Germany., for eg., with mawista, will be better. 

So decide and get your visa stamped. But this insurance is not required until your visa get approved.
Hope I cleared all your questions.

BR
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3