Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Need Help: Spouse visa application from Bangalore, India

Toggle
Hi All,

This is Subas from Bangalore. Need your help in some of the question in Visa application for my spouse.

Background: I have an employement offer in Germany with ZAV approval. I have already applied for work visa in German Consulate Bangalore, in March 2017. I have mentioned that my spouse will accompany me to Germany in my visa application.
I hope to get my visa in April 2017 and plan to travel by end of April 2017.

Now comes time to apply for spouse visa. We plan to submit it within a week (1st week of April).
My questions w.r.t to National Visa Application are:

1. What category to select in Purpose of Stay (Section 9)? If its "family reunion", the checklist asks for Certificate of residence, Residence permit, etc., which I don't have. I am still in bangalore, India. Should i select "others" and mention as "relocation with spouse"?

2. References in Federal Republic of Germany (Section 10): What should i provide? Or just have to leave it blank?
In my application, i filled my employer details in Germany.

3. Should we buy travel insurance for her and also health insurance for her now? Is it required to be submitted during visa interview? (My German employer provides health insurance covering my spouse, but only after I start working in Germany). Right now I don't have any proof.

4. We will submit our Marriage certificate in English and also the translated version in German. Any other documents related to me is required? Should we wait till I get my visa and then attach my visa copy also? Or should i wait till i go to germany and get all those certificates and then apply for family reunion visa?

5. I see that there are many cases taking very long time (like 4-5 months). Generally how long does it take for spouse visa?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Need Help: Spouse visa application from Bangalore, India
Answer
3/27/17 8:48 AM as a reply to Subas Hegde.
Subas Hegde:
Hi All,

This is Subas from Bangalore. Need your help in some of the question in Visa application for my spouse.

Background: I have an employement offer in Germany with ZAV approval. I have already applied for work visa in German Consulate Bangalore, in March 2017. I have mentioned that my spouse will accompany me to Germany in my visa application.
I hope to get my visa in April 2017 and plan to travel by end of April 2017.

Now comes time to apply for spouse visa. We plan to submit it within a week (1st week of April).
My questions w.r.t to National Visa Application are:

1. What category to select in Purpose of Stay (Section 9)? If its "family reunion", the checklist asks for Certificate of residence, Residence permit, etc., which I don't have. I am still in bangalore, India. Should i select "others" and mention as "relocation with spouse"?
It is Family reunion only. The certificate of residence, you cant provide. If you and your wife would have submitted the application together, then no need to worry.

Now also you dont have any problem, just go ahead and apply for your wife, leaving blank. If necessary, the person at the counter vl ask you.

2. References in Federal Republic of Germany (Section 10): What should i provide? Or just have to leave it blank?
In my application, i filled my employer details in Germany.
For your case company, in your wife case leave it blank.

3. Should we buy travel insurance for her and also health insurance for her now? Is it required to be submitted during visa interview? (My German employer provides health insurance covering my spouse, but only after I start working in Germany). Right now I don't have any proof.

Dont buy travel insurance now. Only after you receive your visa, based on the date of visa you should buy.

4. We will submit our Marriage certificate in English and also the translated version in German. Any other documents related to me is required? Should we wait till I get my visa and then attach my visa copy also? Or should i wait till i go to germany and get all those certificates and then apply for family reunion visa?

At the moment nothing more required. Keep ready your marriage album and marriage invitation too. If required submit it.

5. I see that there are many cases taking very long time (like 4-5 months). Generally how long does it take for spouse visa?

Generally it takes 8 weeks minimum. always depends upon the case handling officer. So cant say exact time.

All the best
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
3/28/17 2:38 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Thanks for quick response. Hope to apply and get visa soon emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/7/17 8:14 AM as a reply to Subas Hegde.
Hi Subas,

I am in the same situation. Could you please update me on what happened on your visa & spouse visa?
How long did it take for your spouse to get the visa?
Basically, i have got a job in Berlin and i have to apply for work visa. I want my husband and son to travel with me together as my son is very small.

I have few queries: If anyone has been in similar situation, kindly help me.
I will be applying for visa from Bangalore consulate.

1. What kind of visa can i apply for? Will the company help in this? Is this going to be a highly skilled work visa or can i apply for EU blue card visa? For blue card visa is anything extra approvals required other than the work contract from my employer?

2. As i will be applying for work visa and family reunion at the same time, and i am yet to start working/moving in Berlin, i dont have an apartment yet. But in the visa documents for spouse, it says that i have to show a valid accomodation. Is this mandatory? What address should i show for accomodation?

3. Is A1 language compulsory for spouse? He has started learning but not in Goethe institute. Also he is a post-graduate currently working in IT company in Bangalore. Can this requirement be waved off?

4. Would i need to take health and travel insurance for my spouse and son separately for visa purpose? If yes, for much duration?

5. Would i husband be allowed to work in Germany? Is there a restriction on the family reunion visa for spouse? For employment to be permitted, what extra documents should be presented? Or can he request in personal covering letter for giving employment permssion?

6. Usually it takes how to get all 3 visas? Mine, my husband's and son's.

Kindly help me.

Thanks i Advance,
Sindhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/7/17 9:32 AM as a reply to Sindhu S.
Sindhu S:
Hi Subas,

I am in the same situation. Could you please update me on what happened on your visa & spouse visa?
How long did it take for your spouse to get the visa?

it will take 12 weeks maxm, minm I feel 4 to 7 weeks atleast

Basically, i have got a job in Berlin and i have to apply for work visa. I want my husband and son to travel with me together as my son is very small.

I have few queries: If anyone has been in similar situation, kindly help me.
I will be applying for visa from Bangalore consulate.

1. What kind of visa can i apply for? Will the company help in this? Is this going to be a highly skilled work visa or can i apply for EU blue card visa? For blue card visa is anything extra approvals required other than the work contract from my employer?

If you have work contract, you should apply with long term emplyoment visa. Blue card you can apply after coming to germany. 

For blue card, your degree university should in anabin database and your job should be related to your degree qualified.

2. As i will be applying for work visa and family reunion at the same time, and i am yet to start working/moving in Berlin, i dont have an apartment yet. But in the visa documents for spouse, it says that i have to show a valid accomodation. Is this mandatory? What address should i show for accomodation?

Not mandatory. At the moment you can write your company address.

3. Is A1 language compulsory for spouse? He has started learning but not in Goethe institute. Also he is a post-graduate currently working in IT company in Bangalore. Can this requirement be waved off?

If he is post graduate, he dont need language certificate. If he has this german ceritificate chances to get visa is very high.

4. Would i need to take health and travel insurance for my spouse and son separately for visa purpose? If yes, for much duration?

You should take after the visa approval. For 3 months time as per the initial visa date.

5. Would i husband be allowed to work in Germany? Is there a restriction on the family reunion visa for spouse? For employment to be permitted, what extra documents should be presented? Or can he request in personal covering letter for giving employment permssion?

Yes, he is allowed to work in germany. No restriction, he get same rights like you.

6. Usually it takes how to get all 3 visas? Mine, my husband's and son's.

for spouse visa takes longer than employment visa. In some cases, if it requires marriage ceritificate verification, it take very long time.

Kindly help me.

Thanks i Advance,
Sindhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/7/17 1:43 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Thank you so much for your reply.

@Subas,
please share your experience as well.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sindhu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/24/18 12:11 PM as a reply to Sindhu S.
HI,
  Few questions please help me...
 1. I Booked slot for long-term employment visa in bangalore. My wife can go with me for dependent visa interview            same day.if she can go what documents required for her.
2. For Bank Draft we need sperate or only one bank draft we required.
3 . There is any mandatory to show residence proof in germany or i can book after getting visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/25/18 8:59 AM as a reply to gaurav verma.
Hi Gaurav
I am also looking for your question answers, incase if you got clarified, can you please write up here, it will be helpful for me as well.
Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/5/18 2:29 PM as a reply to gaurav verma.
No,
One Slot is for one person and also DD should be separated.
As far as I know 1 DD with combined 6100+6100 shoud be suffiencient but better to make separate DD to avoid confusion.
( They just need 75 Euros to be paid via DD)

In case of DD being wrong they give you time to collect new DD from nearest bank. emoticon 

For your question3 , Yes you need to get registered in Germany and your wohnraumnachweis should state that the house in which you have registered have ample space for 2 person or may be 2+1 person. ( This information I got it from my agent in Germany in 2015 )
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott