Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Six Weeks or to the End of Quarter

Toggle
Six Weeks or to the End of Quarter
Answer
3/15/05 2:59 PM
Hi All,

Can anyone explain me the very common term in our job contract "Six Weeks or to End of Quarter". I always have some confusion in understading this clause. If either party (employee or the employer) wants to dump the other one they should tell six weeks before the quarter? and how about at the start of quarter. Employer/employee must tell at least six weeks before? Is this right??
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Six Weeks or to the End of Quarter
Answer
3/15/05 3:43 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
That only means that if you got fired or give your resignation letter, you can only depart from the company after 6 weeks but til the end of the quarter.
An example: when I got fired from my company in Frankfurt, the clause was "1 month til the end of the quarter". I got fired sometimes in October and the 1 month had to go til November right? But then, the last quarter of the year wasn't finished so even if the 1 month went til November, I had to be counted as a member of the company til December 31st which ends the last quarter of the year. And I got payed for all this time.

But you really have to read the clause of your contract right because when I got fired, it was just the 1 month they gave me but after reading the contract again, I came back and told them that it was 1 month till the end of the quarter, so they changed the firing letter and I got the money for that period too.

Hope it was well explained.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Six Weeks or to the End of Quarter
Answer
3/15/05 10:35 PM as a reply to nanda nanda.
Hi ,

i never heard of Contracts which states the terms for Dismissal in Quarters ..mine are stated in Weeks during the Trial Period and in Months if you have been with the Company for more than a Year.

which Quarters are we talking about here by the way,because some people define Yearly Quarters as follows:

qtr 1 is months 11, 12, 1
2 is months 2, 3, 4
3 is months 5, 6, 7
4 is months 8, 9, 10

or may be that's an American Quarter?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124