Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Insurance Doubts,

Toggle
Insurance Doubts,
Answer
1/3/05 12:31 PM
Hello Readers,

Wish you all a very happy new year 2005.

I am writing this on behalf of my friend, who lives in Germany with family in a furnished apartment on lease. Recently due to some accident/misuse some of the furnitures were spoiled in his apartment. He was warned by his landlord that he has to replace the damaged furnitures or he has to pay for them at the end of the contract. (The money will be deducted from the Kaution) The lease ends in six months. Is there any insurance to cover these costs? In a rental apartment? Appreciate your help in this.

Thanks in advance, Regards, Asian.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Insurance Doubts,
Answer
1/6/05 1:13 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Hello Readers,

Anyone has an Idea or solution?

Thanks in advance, Regards, Asian.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 1:41 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
if he does not pay insurance then he has no insurance
if owner has it you need to ask him

One friend of mine threw once coffee on his laptop. He did not have any ins but his friend did. So his friend said that he threw coffee and insurance paid everything (allmost)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 3:50 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Thanks DvD for your reply. My friend does not have an insurance as well as the houseowner. Somehow the houseowner is charging him a big amount. So my friend wants to know whether he can take up an insurance to get away. Is there any insurance available in germany to cover these costs?

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 4:35 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
"So my friend wants to know whether he can take up an insurance to get away"

That is not the way the insurance companies work.
You can not make an accident insurance for your car, after your car had an accident. You are supposed to insure it before the shit happens.. emoticon
That is risk management and that is how the insurance companies make money...

Yes "Haftplichtversicherung"(liability insurance) should pay such damages BUT you should have an insurance contract which was signed before the damage was happened.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 4:57 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Thanks Lacrima,

The liability has not yet come, he was warned by the landlord that he will be charged for those damages only after six months at the end of the term and he continues living in the same house. In this case, Can he take a liability insurance now to pay later when he ends the lease?

Rgds, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 6:52 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
I think you should understand the answer from Lacrima posting. if you didn't , then
the answer is "No you can't claim the insurance for the accident which has already happened before taking the insurance"

If you don't believe us you can call up an insurance agent and explain the scenario.

if your friend lies to insurance agent that the accident has happened after he paid the insurance then, some experts will analyse it and if insurance agents are not convinced that the accident has occured after your friend opting for the policy then they may also charge with an another fine for fooling them.
Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 7:37 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
but it is also posible that you get lucky and they pay you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/6/05 7:58 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Well, I know the situation and explained to my friend. Only thing is he is out of job now, so he cannot afford the big bill. Infact his houseowner gave him the idea to go for a liability insurance. That is the reason he wants to explore more.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 12:24 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
Hi !
Its not so easy to fool the insurance company.
If the damage is huge , then you must notify the insurance about the accident immediately. Then a person from insurance company makes a visit and access the damage. You will also need to provide proof such as photographs and bills.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 1:00 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
HI DVD
"but it is also posible that you get lucky and they pay you"

Ya, true but, "I am optimistic regarding the pessimism"

Cheers
Raghu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/7/05 1:10 PM as a reply to Asian the Great.
I do not think the damages are huge. It will be somewhere 700 - 800 Euros. Since he is out of job and not sure about the future, the insurance thot came out.

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18