Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

flying by emirates.

Toggle
flying by emirates.
Answer
4/21/05 10:22 PM
Hi,

does anybody here have experience of flying by emirates. any idea on how much luggage they allow. some friends told me a year back that they allow 40 kgs but my travel agent is telling me that only 20 kg is allowed. any idea????

thanks,
GM
0 (0 Votes)

Re: flying by emirates.
Answer
4/22/05 12:50 AM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
I have flown Emirates a few times, excellent service and very new planes, almost all british personal. I think the allow 20 kg, I would check their website or call.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 10:21 AM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
I flight quite often, and I had only 1 experience with Emirates. 1 flight from Frankfurt to Dubai, it was delayed for 4 hours, without prior info. flight from Dubai to Frankfurt it was delayed for 2 hours.
Out of that, everything is okay.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 10:47 AM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
The luggage allowance depends upon lot of factors like

Are you a returning passenger?
Are you a student?
Are you an ethnic person(in this case of Indian Origin)?
To which place you fly.

In the South, one carrier allows 30kg for Trivandrum but 40kg for Chennai.

And there are different tickets, depending on how much luggage you ask for. If you are strict on your agent that the price must be low, you´ll get lesser luggage. But if your priority is more luggage, then you may have to shell out a few Euros more.

So you either consult your travel agent, or call the Emirates hotline.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 1:04 PM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
Hi GM.

I have flown a couple of times with Emirates and I must admit that it is the BEST airline I have ever flown with. Not just in terms of luggage allowance but also the service.

I was allowed 30KG check in luggage, but I did manage to check in around 36 each time. This luggage allowance is something which is written on Your ticket. So check beforehand.

I remember that 2 years back, Emirates had started offering 35-40 allowance for check in luggage but that didnt last very long.

For their service, I was once flying back from Delhi-Dubai-Frankfurt, and due to the extreme rush at the Delhi airport, our flight left a little late and by the time it reached Dubai, my frankfurt flite had already left. Emirates gave me a free hotel(inkl food), free visa(since the hotel is outside of airport) and put me on a first class for the next morning flite.

It could not have been any better.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 1:46 PM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
Hi all,

I contradict about Emirate's service. They are a better product than Lufthansa because their inflight entertainment is great and they have brand new aircrafts but some how the ethics of service is missing. I went to india recently with my 3 year old son. he was pretty hungry on the flight but no one managed to give the child's food early. They told me that you will have only dinner after 4 hours ( just before dubai). I repeteadly requested for a qucik meal just for my child but they just negelected. It is really poor!! When we flew to chicago with Airindia, even before the take off the purser same to us and asked if we would need a child meal. When the plane started to cruise at 10,000 Ft, they first served all children on the aircraft

In all my 4 flights in Emirates, my child was just neglected ( i made a complaint about it to emirates but they just send me a letter apologizing) but i think they care only for business class passengers and white origin passengers. The Indian leg from Dubai is horrible, I have flown also in Kuwait( i think it is the worst airline of all).

I think an airline shouldnt consider its priorities (only to first and business or white origin). I am always happy with BA, AA, for them all passengers are equal when it matters the most. especially, if an airline is not treating the kids on a simple meal aspect , i think they are the worst airlines in customer service.

I think one has to learn customer service from Jet Airways. I think it is one of the best in the whole world. MY german professor who accompanied with me with his spainsh collegue were just shell shocked!!! they said they have never seen any service in their whole travel life and that too short haul service( with econnomic class). It was amazing. If you carefully search in all the aviation forums, they rank Jet airways as one of the best airlines in the whole world and now it will fly international so we have to see how they perform.

Over all !! according to me Emirates is a overhyped airline . Srilankan airlines is far better than emirates !!

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 2:46 PM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
My experience has been rather good with Emirates. Even before I realised I was upgraded from Blue (Skywards) to Silver to Gold card. The service levels are very good in general. And of course they get better if you are a Silver or Gold card holder. They are not very fussy.
Now getting back to luggage allowance - I have asked Emirates staff several times and they maintain that 28kgs is the max that they would tolerate (if your luggage allowance on ticket is 20). Any luggage above 28 kgs would call for extra baggage payment.

@GM : why don't you stuff extra luggage in your cabin bag. I guess they are not fussy about cabin luggage limits. Best of luckemoticon)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 11:51 PM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
Yes, I confirm that, some of them is a little bit discriminate, but not all.
During the flight, there is passanger who can't speak english and one of them said bla bla bla jesus! loosing patient :-)

Which isn't acceptable to my opinion, I just feel sorry for the poor woman and wonder what happen if my parent will travel with Emirates.
I have to accompany them :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/05 3:01 AM as a reply to Nishant Gupta.
Hi friends,

it was great to have your opinion. thanks!!!

i have booked my flight through emirates. i was expecting that they would allow extra weight as i am migrating and would have to take some extra luggage as compared to normal traveller, but no luck. my travel agent tried hard but without any luck in fact she told me that the lady in munich office was quite rude to listen to her request.

but anyhow, i arranged to get some other information. its possible to send cargo through plane and i found the prices to be quite reasonable. from berlin to sydney, till 100 kg, its 3.20 euro/kg + 35 euros handling charges. not bad! and for berlin to delhi its 2.10 euro/kg + 35 euros handling charges.

best wishes
nishant
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3