Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse Work permit

Toggle
Spouse Work permit
Answer
8/9/05 6:46 PM
Hello Everybody,

I am a new comer to this GREAT forum.

I am an Indian presently working in Belgium as Scienitific Researcher in Bioinformatics. I will be moving to Germany and joining a company very soon.

My husband will also accompany me on Spouse Visa. May I know the exact work right for the spouses of Non-European. Some article says that the spouse will get automatic work rights after one year of stay in Germany. Is it 100% correct?

How about the cost of living in Hannover, Wolfenbuttel? Renting the apartment, Transportation. because Brussels life is pretty expensive.

How much money would be needed approximately to lead a standard life for a couple in Hannover, (wolfenbuttel) ?

I appreciate any related replies.

Thanks,

Rubs
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Work permit
Answer
8/9/05 7:07 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Your husband gets a work permit immediately if you have a work permit. The 1 year waiting time is not valid any more since the new law from 01.01.2005. The related paragraph is §29(5)AufenthG:
http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#29

His rights to work with(out) the Arbeitsmarktcheck depend directly on your rights in this direction. Your rights depend on the law paragraph related to which you become your work permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/05 7:38 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Hi Shoppi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have somehow managed to translate the law $29.

When I went to the embassy at the time of applying VISA, they said that he can work if he could find some employer to ask for his work permit. So it means it is purely employer dependent.

I would like to know, if the one that you had mentioned is similar to this (or) is it AUTOMATIC WORK PERMIT, which is not employer dependent ?

Also the German consular said that being a Non-european, it is not possible to go for Automatic Work Right.

How far this is true?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jesintha.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/9/05 8:28 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
I don't know about an "Automatic Work Permit", but I'll try to clarify what I know.

As a general remark, the German Consulates issue only temporary visas (at least this happened in my case) and they probably never have to deal with the full effects of the immigration law, so their opinion may be only partially valid. These temporary visas have to be exchanged with the final visa once entering Germany. This leads you to the guys that really (should) know which are your rights: Ausländerbehörde (a.k.a. ABH). Once in Germany, you will deal exclusively with ABH in issues related to your visa (this is also a new rule from 01.01.2005).

When your husband will get his final visa, according to the new law this visa has to tell everything about his work rights. His work rights exist from the moment he steps into Germany and they do not depend on an existing employer. These "starting" work rights are those that I was speaking about. The existence of these rights is not conditioned in any way by being from EU, but they can be more relaxed if you are. Nevertheless, if he does not have any work rights when he enters Germany, this can change later by finding one employer under the specific conditions clarified by the same law.

The "starting" work rights depend on your rights. Maybe we can help you with more hints once we know according to which paragraph you got your work permit. Probably this will be only after you get your final visa from ABH. As an advice, get your final visa first, then inform what could your husband get and only then go to ABH for him. On this forum you will find, sadly, too many cases when ABH restricted the rights in the visa if you do not ask clearly and with proofs for all of them. This is not something you cannot change, but it is easier if you get them right from the beginning.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/05 2:23 PM as a reply to Jessie Ruban.
Hi Shoppi,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

The one I meant is also Starting Work permit, as soon as he has landed in Germany.

However your answer gave us a support. We are moving to Wolfenbuttel (close to Hannover).

I will keep updating you on our situation.

By the way, how about the possibility of taking diploma courses in Management, business admn (lets say one year certificate course, if you know any institutes providing this kind of course, pls let me know.

Also we are thinking fo taking German Course, any good and cheap institutes?

Thanks again,
Jesintha
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3