Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

When do you have to register ? ''Anmeldung'' !!

Toggle
Hi everyone,
i have just arrived few days ago in Berlin,
and i have just known that i have to register myself within 7 days after arrival at the (Meldestelle) - local registration office, or what is called local ''Burgersamt''.
The needed papers are:
Passport + rental agreement,
My question plz is :
what do I do about registering if I am staying at a guest house for a few weeks while you look for a flat ?
Do i go and register still, or i can wait few days more ?
or for example can i just count 7 work days, as i have arrived at the week end, 7th July (saturday) ?
thanks in advance for any helping info. or ideas...
0 (0 Votes)

Re: When do you have to register ? ''Anmeldung'' !!
Answer
7/14/10 9:09 AM as a reply to R S.
it is better to register your guest address. After u find a new flat, change the address.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/10 11:02 AM as a reply to R S.
you have 2 weeks time to register according to the rules. Sometimes they allow upto 1 month without fine. If atall they fine, it is like 10 Euros. So no worries.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/10 2:38 AM as a reply to R S.
Hi,

The best thing is to go to your Rathaus and inform your case. Moreover there is no harm in registering at your guest house address. You may not need rental agreement to register in some cities. Fines may hamper your legal stay in Germany.

Regards,
Hussain.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/10 4:04 PM as a reply to R S.
Thnx stutt23 & Hussain: i am in Berlin, i think i have to bring them a proof of my address, that is why the needed papers are my passport plus a rental agreement, but being just at my friend/guest place, does not give me a proof.

thnx raj:r u sure about the '2 weeks' time allowed ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/10 4:31 PM as a reply to R S.
Yes, it is according to the Meldegesetzt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/15/10 6:15 PM as a reply to R S.
Thank you so much Raj,
so i will work on it, to register the next week.
i feel less stress now, thnx emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/4/11 4:29 PM as a reply to R S.
hi gents,

my case is as follows:

i got a job contract from a german firm based/registered in the city of Braunschweig, however as per the contract and the duties assgined, i have to spend my entire time in Frankfurt am Main, hence i will utlimately want to live in FRA for that matter, as you may know my work visa/permit is issued by the ausl behoerden Braunschweig, hence my documents/file lie there, however i want to register and live in Frankfurt given my contract specifically state that standorte sind FRA and Braunschweig.

can i easily, right upon arrival to DE, go straight and register in FRA instead of Braunschweig, and will they process my work permit in that matter? given my company is based in Braunschweig?

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/11 11:25 AM as a reply to R S.
Hi,

it depends on the application/job description of your company. When they applied for the permit they have to tell the alien office where you have to work and the labour office will then make the so called 'Arbeitsmarktcheck' (labour market check). If your company applied for Braunschweig only, you have a problem.

Usually the companies answer 'Germany', when they are asked where the employee will work. In this case you will have no problem at all!

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/11 6:03 PM as a reply to R S.
well thanks detlef, i have mentioned in my antrag which i submitted to the embassy that wohnorte are to be: FRA+BS, likewise did the company in the stellenbeschreibung sent to the AA, moreover the contract mentions exactly and clearly that i will be assuming duties in both FRA and BS, i have to check with the embassy on the status of the approval from AA. let's say AA did give the approval dass die Beschaeftigung im Raum Braunschweig eingeschraenkt ist ... but my contract / antrag stated: BS+FRA, can i still register directly in FRA?

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/5/11 7:17 PM as a reply to R S.
Hi again,

you can register in Frankfurt. In case the AA did not approved the permit for Frankfurt, they have to do another check for Frankfurt before the first extension of your permit after 3 month.

But if you and your company did as you said, everything should be fine. Just ask your company for a copy of the jobdescrition (Stellenbeschreibung).

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/11 3:46 PM as a reply to R S.
Hi Detlef,

i just got my 90 days visa stamped on my passport, approval is issued by Ausl Beh BS, hence my file is there now, i would like to travel to Fra and directly register there (in FRA), as i mentioned before we did all the homework i.e. FRA was mentioned in contract, antrag and stellenbeschreibung, one last concern is that my company has no sitz in FRA but they want me to work and fulfill duties in FRA. any hinderance to register there whatsoever?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/11 3:56 PM as a reply to R S.
Hi again,

I do not see any problems for you. There is only one thing. Because your file is in Braunschweig now and you have to get your extension after the 3 month in Frankfurt, you should visit the Fankfurt alien office as soon as you got your first salary slip and apply for the extension of your workpermit. Because Frankfurt has to ask Braunschweig for your file and even in the times of Mail and fast DHL these offices still use horse-drawn carriages sometimes ;-)

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/14/11 5:43 PM as a reply to R S.
ok Detlef i think i have enough time to do all this as i have 90 days visa.

Thank you very much again
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18