Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Childcare expenses tax claims (Kinderbetreuungskosten and Steuerfreibetrag

Toggle
Hi,

Does anyone claimed child care expenses (kinderbetreuung kosten, tagesmutter, kinderkrippe etc) in tax returns. If yes please do share your experiences and tips.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Childcare expenses tax claims (Kinderbetreuungskosten and Steuerfreibet
Answer
8/10/11 1:13 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
Any info?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/11 1:42 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
Hi,

Yes. You can claim all your child care expenses and out of which 2/3 amount is considered for tax returns.

It is more complicated to explain, but usually your expenses are compared with ur kindergeld and returns are calculated based on that.

Finally your job is to mention all expenses and the rest is done by Finanzamt.

Vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/10/11 4:20 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
Thanks vamsi,

I know this information, are there any exceptions whether the finanzamt will reject it. I can quote an exception. Finanzamt specifically mentioned to do online or bank transfers for paying cild care costs and keep the bill. So you have to produce your transfer receipt and bill.

There ia also another option where you can ask your employer to contribute to child care costs and the amount is tax free (Can beneficial to both employee and employer). The finantamt will write the tax free amount on the tax card and every month one can get tax break.

If any one is claiming in one of the above options, please do share your views and suggestions.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/13/11 12:34 PM as a reply to baba shankar.
you can get some tax deduction as mentioned above.
However I think you have to prove that both parent have to go to work/study. then you can get it back.
If I am not mistaken.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18