Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Difference between AE $18 AufenthG and BE

Toggle
Hi everyone,

I am quite new here. Can anyone explain me how to identify my work permit whether its just AE or BE ?

I am in DE since 07/2003.
07/2003 to 07/2005 worked as Gastwissenschaftler
(did not pay any taxes as was paid through project funding and got the VISA Aufenthaltsbewilligung many times in steps of 6 months)

08/2005 07/2008 have a AE $18 AufenthG.
(paying taxes and did the VISA extension once in the middle after 2 years in 08/2006 but didnt know about BE at that time)

Now I go again to the Auslaenderamt as now am changing my job and have a new job with un befristete Arbeitsvertrag. So by now --

07/2003 - 07/2005 (Guest scientist) no taxes
08/2005 - 07/2008 (Engineer) paid taxes.
08/2008 - (Engineer) will pay taxes.

should I ask for BE this time when I goto the Auslaenderamt? Or will they give me automatically ?
And what else comes next to me ? when will be eiligible for D-EG ? NE ? and is the 6 year citizenship rule possible ? Also can I appear for an orientation course now ?

Thanks in Advance
cfdguy
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Difference between AE $18 AufenthG and BE
Answer
9/15/08 8:13 PM as a reply to Bala R.
just to bring this question into light again.. Its very surprising that no one answered this query till now... hope people see it now..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/16/08 7:45 PM as a reply to Bala R.
>>should I ask for BE this time when I goto the Auslaenderamt? Or will they give me automatically ?

Hmm... they are never goin to volunteer but in some exceptional cases where the Beamter is friendly. So ask for it specifically.

>>And what else comes next to me ? when will be eiligible for D-EG ? NE ?

Try the search this time and find the rules discussed 100 of times before. You can find it out yourself or else apply for NE and see if they give it to you

>>and is the 6 year citizenship rule possible ?

Please dont dream about it and hope others also do that. 6 year rule is like finding a Unicorn in Germany, impossible or Urban Legend. Never seen any success there. Have patience for 1 more year

>>Also can I appear for an orientation course now ?

Yes you can.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/17/08 12:14 PM as a reply to Bala R.
Hello all,

Even I would be applying BE next month, also for my Wife & Kid.

Sorry if the question is being asked again, but please correct me if not right.

I understand that I have to write an application letter, 3 months pay slip, 1 photo.
Is there anything else which I have to fulfil (like some formulare, documents usw..)?

Is it allowed to write the application in English while my German in not the best ?

Is it allowed to send the application/documents by post or should I get an appointment in ABH ?

What is the normal extension period for BE? Is it 2 years or 3years.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Truster
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/18/08 5:44 PM as a reply to Bala R.
Hi Raj, Rajesh

If you guide me on the above it would be helpful.

Truster
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/18/08 10:13 PM as a reply to Bala R.
>>Is it allowed to write the application in English while my German in not the best ?

Write it in german..is it a big deal to write in german with the help of some one who knows german?

>>Is it allowed to send the application/documents by post or should I get an appointment in ABH ?

Most of them dont accept documents by post. Better visit them personally and trust me it saves time.

>>What is the normal extension period for BE? Is it 2 years or 3years.

Depends on the case officer..maybe 1 or 2 or 3 years
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18