Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

German passport during OCI process

Toggle
German passport during OCI process
Answer
2/16/11 1:08 PM
Hi All,

I am going to apply for OCI (overseas citizen of India) soon. During the process of OCI let's say 4 to 5 weeks(as mentioned in website) does the German passport stays with Indian consulate?

If not, When will they stick OCI sticker in the German Passport? If some body went through this please help.

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: German passport during OCI process
Answer
2/16/11 1:49 PM as a reply to rags ger.
@ragsger

Your passport numbers and their copies and other details are required when you file for OCI. The whole process might take anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks, during that time you will be having all your original documents with you.

Here is how it goes:
- apply only (for data collection purposes only)
- print the PDFs
- submit the above with copies of supporting documentation at your nearest CGI
- wait and watch the status change on the website here: https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp
- CGI usually calls you up to inform the arrival of your OCI Card from India, after which you can go to CGI where you applied and collect your U-Visa sticker on DE Reisepass. You will also get your OCI card on the same day.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/11 1:55 PM as a reply to rags ger.
Thanks a lot Rohith for your quick and detailed reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/11 2:51 PM as a reply to rags ger.
small correction to what I said above. The very first point I meant "online" instead I have typed "only".
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/11 11:00 PM as a reply to rags ger.
Hi,

I'm also in the process of applying for OCI. I have different question. I'm in Heidelberg and the relevant consulate for me is in Munich. Since Frankfurt is nearer than Munich, is it possible to submit the documents there? I would like to know if anybody has submitted the documents in a different consulate than the one for their jurisdiction. Do the consulates allow such a thing?

Regards,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/11 6:08 PM as a reply to rags ger.
@Raj

Jurisdiction of every consulate in the country is predefined. I don't think you can avail consular services in any other consulate without a strong reason. You can call them up and ask if you can submit your application in the consulate you want.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/11 7:22 PM as a reply to rags ger.
@Rohit,

Thanks for the reply.
I mailed the Frankfurt embassy and they replied that I have to go to Munich :-(.

Another bit of info for people who are applying. I suggest to use Internet Explorer for the online application form. I used Google chrome, and the form returned after submitting does not have the proper formatting for printing(signature box, etc). But it worked fine in IE.

Cheers,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/11 12:35 AM as a reply to rags ger.
I been to consulate in Munich today and submitted my application for OCI. As Rohit said I am having my german passport with me.
They just had a look at it.

Some more info.

1. Sign on every photocopy you submit along with OCI application and "Surrender of Indian passport" application.

2. Get 51 mm x 51 mm Photo they were very specific about that.

3. Take originals of every photo copy you submit like einbürgerung certificate, German Passport etc. Only exception is Indian passport as you wont have it.

If you got more questions let me know !
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/11 4:05 PM as a reply to rags ger.
@ragsger

Hi,

I have question related to the Renunciation of citizenship. The form for this on the consulate website (http://cgimunich.de/download/renunciation-of-citizenship.pdf) has the following field:

"Made and subscribed this... day of ....."
Signature
Designation.

What did you do for this? Did someone in the embassy sign here?

The form also mentions that this can be posted to the embassy. In that case, who can sign this field?
Any idea?

Cheers,
Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/11 2:34 PM as a reply to rags ger.
@Raj

I left this field empty. I didn't saw the guy who took my application signing there. I would suggest just leave it empty.

Mfg
Raghava
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/18/11 5:47 PM as a reply to rags ger.
Hi,

Do we need Personalausweis for applying OCI card? or only German passport is enough?

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/19/11 4:50 PM as a reply to rags ger.
@justdoit

You would need the German passport alone and not Personalausweis for OCI, because it is the passport on which the visa needs to be stamped.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/25/11 2:43 PM as a reply to rags ger.
Hallo,

How many photos do we need for the OCI application and in Embassy Munich? (only 2 with 51x51mm)?

Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/26/11 3:56 PM as a reply to rags ger.
few more quesions.
do i have an option to keep my German passport in Indian Embassy or i should send once OCI is approved?

'self addressed envelope with €3.5 is required to return the documents'..They mean German Passport or the application forms with supporting documents?

Please replay..
Thank you
Justdoit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/11 5:12 AM as a reply to rags ger.
Hello Friends,

I would be applying for “Surrender of applicant’s Indian Citizenship” and later "OCI"...
from CGI website i understood that for “Surrender of applicant’s Indian Citizenship” could be done by sending docs per post and for "OCI" one must visit personally. And these 2 steps could not be done at the same time.
Read online that some people did actually applied for both together.

May i ask what your experiences are?

@supersid - in between i did write to MOIA regarding surrendering passport stuff... but did not hear from them.

Another observation...OCI Instructions of CGI websites has following link...
http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/oci-chart.pdf
where for OCI Fees it says US $ 275 or equivalent in local currency. now 240 € + 2 € surcharge is no near to US 275 $...did anybody ask CGI about it?

Cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German passport during OCI process
Answer
7/9/13 9:27 PM as a reply to rags ger.
Dear Friends,

I am looking for the Information about surrender certificate to apply for OCI.I have got citizenship in stuttgart and in return I submitted my Indian passport. I do not got any confirmation or certificate which confirms that I have submitted my Indian passport. Even after asking they said there is not such certificate. They will send my passport to consulate in München.But München consulate need such confirmation to issue surrender certificate.That means I can not apply for OCI.
Do somebody has similar problem? Can you suggest what to do?

Pls reply.RegardsR K 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18