Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

DSL speed ?

Toggle
DSL speed ?
Answer
3/3/09 10:40 AM
Recently I have connection with Alice DSl with speed of 16000kbps .yesturday i thought to test it online and i was shocked that speed was 5080 kbps only.Did u guys also getting this kind of problem ?

I called the service center and complaint about it .
They give me excuse that connection from my hause to the leitung ist zu weit weg and 16000kbps is not possible .But they did some adjustment in their system and after the call i got the speed of 8000kbps which is still less than what im paying for.

So what I guess that they delebrately control the speed of DSl and give less than what we pay to save their bandwidth and if someone complain then they adjust it a bit.

And if i complaint strongly then perhaps i get around 13000- 15000 kbps ..

Anyone knows the better picture of this type of thing.??
0 (0 Votes)

Re: DSL speed ?
Answer
3/3/09 12:40 PM as a reply to Max max.
Hi,

such problems happened in the past and a lot of people complained about it to various providers, they went to courts and all the providers showed this: it is never written that you will get a 16 Mbps connection but that you will get and this, in your case, I copied it from Alice DSL website "Bis zu 16.000 Kbit/s". It's not "Ab" or "" (nothing) but a "Bis zu", which means, man, even if you got a DSL 16000 and you get 1 Mbps, you can't be right in front of the law because you are supposed to have a connection up to 16 Mbps.

So either you live with it or you ask to be downgraded to a connection your line will handle, thing that I did a couple of years ago.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/09 3:48 PM as a reply to Max max.
but how comes after the complaint i get sudden 3000kbps speed increase .my DSL line is still the same ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/09 4:24 PM as a reply to Max max.
Ask them to check exactly how much your line can handle, and decide for yourself what you're gonna do.

I had back in the days a 2 Mbps connection with Arcor and ordered an upgrade to a 6 Mbps connection after sometimes. It kinda worked fine because I was able to get nearly 5 Mbps on the line, then I started having problems and the connection was even lower than my previous one. So I called them and asked them to really check what the line was supposed to handle.
The guy checked with me while I was on the phone and it came that the lines in the Building I live in are quite old and shouldn't be good for a more than 2 Mbps, I then told them it was their fault for not checking it first and asked for a downgrade, which was done at their own costs, since then I happily live with a 2 Mbps, even if I would like to have more, because I host servers at home.

So ask them to check and decide for yourself, as I said. But more complainings will result in nothing if it's a line limitation.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/09 5:42 PM as a reply to Max max.
>>then I started having problems and the connection was even lower than my previous one.>>

what kind of problem exactly?

is it not like if u use p2p software and suddenly internet connection stops working then either u have to exit the software or restart windows or reset router or repair connection.

I faced this problem with my previous provider and the same problem im experiancing with alice(not so often).

maybe p2p draws huge amount of bandthwidth which belastet the line?? i dont know its just my guess.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/09 6:21 PM as a reply to Max max.
I don't use p2p softwares, the connection just became slow for no reason, no reboot of computer or router worked and it was attested on all computers at home, both those wireless connected and those wired to the router.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/09 11:05 PM as a reply to Max max.
Hi Deathinc,

last wednesday it was a report over this in Stern TV.

http://www.stern.de/tv/sterntv/:Ausgebremste-Kunden-/655049.html?q=dsl

As far I could remember, the lowest DSL was measured in Alice.

Have a look at the article and you can even download a special software tester to see the speeed of the link and (possibly) find a cause of the problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/4/09 1:19 PM as a reply to Max max.
Damn bahanchodo ne topi pahna di

Im getting exactly around 8500 figure which is around 53 % of the said bandwidth and yesturday i made long talk with this lady.but she gave me excuse that my line cant support more.

--------------

I came to know from someone that you can check ur line with the help of some fritz box router ,how much bandwidth it can stand. do anyone have knowledge about it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/5/09 12:44 PM as a reply to Max max.
Anyhow today i talked to a local DSl provider and explain about the problem with alice and if they can give the bahdwidth which they are saying is 20 mbps.
They checked my hause number and the leitung distance ..It was around 3 km as calculated by her .

She said from us only 3000 kbps is possible and Alice is also using the same leitung.

So now im satisfied that noting can be done in this situation unless tcom made the leitung near our locality.(which is impossible).
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott