Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Question on Proof of German knowledge for spouse

Toggle
Hi All,

I got a job offer from German employer and will be applying for German National Visa in the next weeks. 
While am planning to apply for my family visa together (under family re-union category), I am stuck with few questions:

1. In the spouse's documents checklist, one of the points mentioned is Proof of German knowledge (A1 level). My wife has not undergone any German language training. But she has already lived in Germany together with me earlier (on dependent visa) when I was on deputation for around 3 years. Moreover, she is also holding a post graduate masters degree from India. So will this be an advantage for her and considered as an  exemption scenario for German language requirement ? 
2. Verification of documents - Will it be required in her case for documents verification? As she has already been issued German dependent visa 2 times earlier, the documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc should have been verified by Germany embassy already ? So in this case, the verification procedure may not be required ?

Please do shed some light on the above questions at the earliest.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Question on Proof of German knowledge for spouse
Answer
2/13/17 9:02 AM as a reply to Susheel Kumar.
Susheel Kumar:
Hi All,

I got a job offer from German employer and will be applying for German National Visa in the next weeks. 
While am planning to apply for my family visa together (under family re-union category), I am stuck with few questions:

1. In the spouse's documents checklist, one of the points mentioned is Proof of German knowledge (A1 level). My wife has not undergone any German language training. But she has already lived in Germany together with me earlier (on dependent visa) when I was on deputation for around 3 years. Moreover, she is also holding a post graduate masters degree from India. So will this be an advantage for her and considered as an  exemption scenario for German language requirement ? 

If you and your wife already lived in Germany, I hope german language requirement is not mandatory. Moreover ur wife is a PG qualified person, she is totally exempted from the language requirement.

2. Verification of documents - Will it be required in her case for documents verification? As she has already been issued German dependent visa 2 times earlier, the documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc should have been verified by Germany embassy already ? So in this case, the verification procedure may not be required ?

Not necessary. But sometimes depends on the case handling officer. But finger crossed go ahead for application.
Please do shed some light on the above questions at the earliest.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18