Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

trust7 members in your neighborhood

Installing Windows over Linux

Toggle
Installing Windows over Linux
Answer
9/8/11 11:34 PM
Hello Friends,
I would like to install Windows XP on a Linux laptop. My linux knowledge is absolutely zero.

I searched in the internet, and found a microsoft page where I could see steps to be followed to delete linux and install windows. They have asked to do something in the command prompt.

Now my question ( Sorry to ask this awkward question) - How do I get command prompt in Linux ?

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Installing Windows over Linux
Answer
9/10/11 2:51 AM as a reply to Hilton Green.
Hi,
what type of linux is installed already. If it is GUI based linux like Suse prompt should be terminal window like DOS prompt.

May be you should make dual boot system or let it installed from any shop for some money otherwise you can damage your system and nothing will run. Windows will also be not freely available with your system.

Regards.

dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3