Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Two jobs
Answer
9/8/11 2:14 PM
Hi

I am currently working full time as an employee . I am getting an offer to work as freelancer part time.
I plan to work 3 days as an employee with current job and 2 days as freelancer .
I have a clause in the contract that I need to inform my employer about second job and if it conflicts with his legitimate interestS , he can refuse . Can my employer legally refuse to change the contract to lesser hours? that Does my employee rights and social benefits change in any way as I will be working for lesser number of hours in a week? How many hours can I legally work in a week for both the jobs ?How will I be taxed ?

Could anyone please help me with this.

Rgds,

Aby.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Two jobs
Answer
9/8/11 2:23 PM as a reply to aby baby.
You have to speak with your employer and take the no objection before you proceed further. I think your employer will not take it kindly to having a part-time employee and may refuse to change the contract or allow you to take another employement.

Reduced hours means reduced salary, so the social benefits will change accordingly.

there are no limitations on the number of hours you can work.

You will have to pay tax seperately for your freelance income. since it is complicated, you may have to take the advise of a steuerberater.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/11 2:43 PM as a reply to aby baby.
Thanks RAj fro the detailed reply .
I could understand the reduced social benefits because of reduced salary . Does it also mean that in case of job loss i shall not be entitled to arbeitslosgeld .ALso in case of termination with no valid reason from employer , I shall not be entitled to exercise my employee rights in fighting my case.

Thanks

Aby
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/11 2:46 PM as a reply to aby baby.
>>Does it also mean that in case of job loss i shall not be entitled to arbeitslosgeld.

You are entitled to ALG and there is no doubt about that. ALG is calculated on your monthly salary, so because of your reduced salary, the eligible ALG will also be reduced accordingly.

>>Also in case of termination with no valid reason from employer , I shall not be entitled to exercise my employee rights in fighting my case.

Employee rights remain the same whether you work parttime or fulltime. So you can fight for unjustified termination.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/11 2:56 PM as a reply to aby baby.
Thanks Raj
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/11 11:38 PM as a reply to aby baby.
But you can do second job as a Hobby then you need not to ask anybody and you need not to pay any tax but you should not earn money ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott