Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

changing university during Phd!!!

changing university during Phd!!!
Answer
12/5/11 12:38 PM
Hi experts,

I have one question regarding my change of university during Phd. Is this polssible because in my passport it is not written that I am allowed to do my phd only with the written university. I have just student visa which is valid for any university. If i change my universtiy is this okay or not because I have option to do it at better Institute with better project and I do not receive any finanicial help from any organization so I am not answerable to anyone in that case also.
Please replky because I have to go for my visa extension soon and I want to be prepared for any answers to ABH.
Thanks to all.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: changing university during Phd!!!
Answer
12/6/11 3:39 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hi all,

please share information regarding my query. I have read in internet that its not a problem but I really want more information in this regard.

Please write few words experts.

thnx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/11 10:23 AM as a reply to mini bajaj.
it is a very rare case.
a serious phd candidate won't think to change university during research.
and be carefull that your sponsor doesn't talk with the new sponsor. you may end up in the middle with nothing!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/11 1:22 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
i have no problem with the sponsor because i do not have any i support my phd on my own but in regard with the ABH for visa. Will it be okay with them to give me extension and I finish my phd within the specifies time frame like in around 4years.

Please share more info.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/11 7:34 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
i don't mean financial sponsor. I mean your Doctorvater!!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/7/11 11:49 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
hi

actually my previous supervisor wanted me to find another one because they have got some problem with the project i was working on, so this is not an issue here. But the thing is about ABH because now i continue my research at a new university with new supervisor.

So please advice me on this.
thankx
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/11 5:12 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
"a serious phd candidate won't think to change university during research."

haiiinn???? never heard of such thing. I think PhD candidates are also humans. We change our companies if we find better project and comapensation in somewhere else and people change universities during their masters too, some serious people do change their countries even, for a better future. I think one should (not a must if you got rich father) be serious about career. Please do not generalize and try telling Bajaj001 that he is non-serious.

Anyways, I know that a student was allowed to change his/her University(till 2005 at least as long as their seats were not funded, getting scholership etc.), after reaching Germany and an employee can also change his/her employer. So I personally do not think that it should be an issue.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/11 2:36 AM as a reply to mini bajaj.
hi tony

thnx for such a supportive attitude.

May i ask you some more favor if you know any law or rule in regard to this can you please let me know because i have to go for my visa next month so that i can argue ABH if they say something about my change of university and without knowing them.
thnx man
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/11 5:41 AM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hello
It should absolutely be fine to change university during the PhD time. I started at a research institute linked to a university and changed later on to another university with another professor in another city even in another field. You are a student holding a residence permit for the purpose of studies.
You will just have to fulfill the same conditions a student shall fulfill when requesting a residence permit. If you face some difficulties (ABH are far away from being bright and clever), get your Doktor Vater (in most cases the secretary is enough) to give them a call.

Bolo_Frankfurt
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/10/11 2:35 PM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hi Bau,

thnaks alot for your reply. Could you just tell me when you went for visa extension ABH asked you anything in this regard or did they like it that you changed your univeristy.

I have more things to ask you if you do not mind can you write me your personal email.

THanks alot and looking forward to correspond you more.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/11 6:16 AM as a reply to mini bajaj.
Hello, normally, u can go anytime to the ABH, anytime before the current residence permit expires. The goal of this forum is to get others to benefit from the discussion but you can as well contact me personnaly at baudtame@yahoo.fr

Remember as well that ABH does not have to be happy with ur research or study plans, u r a free man and you should be happy with that. As long as u fulfill the required conditions, they have to issue you a residence permit, it is not a favor they r doing, they r simply applying the law and sometimes they r so clumsy that we have to explain them the law they r supposed to master.

regards

Bolo
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3