Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Maximum time after applying for Einbürgerung?

Toggle
HI
I am leaving in Germany since last three years. I am married to a German and has a son. I have nearly completed all the requirements for applying for German Citizenship? I am leaving in Hannover, please any of you can reply me: How many months will it take to get the German pass after applying?

Thank you in advance!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Maximum time after applying for Einbürgerung?
Answer
3/10/10 7:34 PM as a reply to phuntsog dorjay.
Hi

First of all replace your "leaving" with "living".

Approximately it takes 3 months time.

Afterwards you have to cancel your current nationality and it depends on your Embassy/Consulate. For different countries it varies from 1 month to 3 month. May take longer in worst case.

Once your current nationality is cancelled you can get German passport.

Regards
Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/10 7:59 PM as a reply to phuntsog dorjay.
Sorry for the spelling mistake 'Leaving instead of Living'. Thanks for your reply. I am from India. And I was expecting longer. So three months are not much.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/10 8:15 PM as a reply to phuntsog dorjay.
you can ask the officer at the Einbürgerungsamt, they will surely tell you approximately how long it can take. In Berlin for example, it is supposed to be a maximum of 6 months, even though mine took 8 months.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18