Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Dependent visas for Indian nationals in Germany

Toggle
Hi,

I am a resident from India. I have applied for dependent visa to Germany from Chennai, India to travel with my wife who has already got a workpermit visa to work in Stuttgart, Germany.

I had submitted my documents for dependent visa processing with chennai german consulate and i was expecting my visa approval by last week. But today i came to know there was a problem in approving my marriage certificate. (May be because it was in English and not in German. But i am not sure thats the reason). This info i got from my company people in Germany who spoke to visa authorities in Germany.

Now i am asked to talk to chennai consulate about this. Please mail me if you have any idea on how can we proceed in such a situation!

Do we have to arrange for modified/required documents or is it a re-apply scenario? Please send in your views which will really help me!

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Dependent visas for Indian nationals in Germany
Answer
4/19/07 1:01 PM as a reply to Ramya R.
Call the german consulate as you have been requested. If you want to know how long it will take before you get the visa, we may need to know when you have applied in the consulate.
It is now compulsory to have the marriage certificate verified and it is done with a private investigation company. The costs associated can be upto 28,000 Rupees. From the time you have paid the money it may take upto 2 months before you are issued a visa.

There are lots of information in this forum regarding this. just search for spouse visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Dependent visas for Indian nationals in Germany
Answer
4/20/07 1:33 PM as a reply to Ramya R.
Meet them personally and ask the exact reason.btw if it is rejected then it is very hard to find the reason(coz they r not supposed to tell u the reason and embassy will just say its the decision from ABH in germany we dont know anything),but if just some problem(not rejected) is there then just solve it(maybe they want ur docs to be attested from external affairs)or something like that.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott