Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Meeting the World!

Is watching Online streaming legal or illegal?

Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Hello All,

There are couple of websites where one can watch new movies or live sports (online streaming ), my question is it is valid to watch online streaming in Germany?

Thanks,
Concerned4u
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Is watching Online streaming legal or illegal?
Answer
2/16/11 2:18 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
streaming or download...the data is still stored or buffered in your computer and as such still illegal..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/11 2:50 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for your answer. Yes on temp directory there will be files when watching streaming but from those files it is not possible to recreate the whole movie ( I don't know at least). My question was more to from the law point of view, is there any law for streaming, if yes what does it say ?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/11 3:39 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
The law is clear and simple, if you dont have the legal right, you will be prosecuted. As long as you dont stream the movie through a legal renting firm, you are still responsible for illegally viewing it. But take heart that the law companies go for the big fishes mostly. But have also heard of people being prosecuted for just one movie. So beware.

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=145048&st=0
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/11 11:01 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
Although its not a legal advise but as long as you do not share (i.e. uploading any stream even in the background) then it is ok. Just think, you are enjoying youtube, does it sound illegal?

Another point, some websites broadcast the live event with a delay in order to avoid some legal issue!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/11 6:24 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
@ Raj

thanks for the interesting link
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Is watching Online streaming legal or illegal?
Answer
8/21/17 10:43 AM as a reply to Ram Pandey.
Ram Pandey:
@ Raj

thanks for the interesting link

In some country it is legal but in few countries illegal. some free movie streaming sites are banned by their goverments
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Is watching Online streaming legal or illegal?
Answer
10/13/17 10:59 AM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
Its legal. You can watch it on apps like showbox, popcorntime or terrarium tv app. Download Terrarium TV app here: terrariumtv.xyz
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/23/17 5:34 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
It's been a long time since I've been here but here my two cents as I had to dig into the subject because of my teenage daughters.
Actually, the law in Germany is a grey zone in that matter: by the fact that you are watching something, which has been illegally acquired (movies and such entertainments are supposed to be either watched on TV broodcasted by channels who paid the rights to show them or by movie theathers where you pay for watching them), you are doing something illegal. And by the fact that you are saving pieces of the movies through buffering on your computer, you are harboring stolen property on your device, which is also illegal.
But the fact that you are not redistributing it makes things for the lawmaker difficult because you seem to be committing no crime in that effect and you can't be prosecuted for that. Actually you can but it will be difficult to prove that you did distribute it as you didn't and that the streaming was one way.
That's why as I say it's a grey area in Germany so you have a choice: either you do it and take the risk or you don't.
Or you just buy a VPN service contract and you watch it via VPN, that's what the most common people do.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/22 8:07 PM as a reply to Concerned foryou.
Awesome site i love it keep posting more! https://fencecompanybakersfieldca.com
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18