Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German Workpermit/EU Blue card

Toggle
German Workpermit/EU Blue card
Answer
12/30/16 11:49 PM
Hello All,

Iam citizen of India having workpermit/temporary residence permit in one of the EU country working for past 3 years.....My employer is offering me job option in Germany.....

If I want to apply for workpermit/residence permit or EU blue card with family...Can I apply it from the EU country or I need to travel back to India canceling my existing permit?

In such situation What should be the process....As I am already in EU do I still need type D work entry visa?

Please advice on your e pertinence with such similar situation...

Thank you in advance...

Regards,
Mohit 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German Workpermit/EU Blue card
Answer
1/1/17 3:23 PM as a reply to Birdy99.
Hi,

you can apply at the German Embassy/Consulate of your current location. Check the Embassy website for all info.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/17 9:59 AM as a reply to trust7.
Hello Detlef,

Thank you for the reply.....Also do you know whether I will get type D visa stamped even though I am already in EU with temp residence permit...? Will my existing permit get cancelled before travel? 

If so how will it work as port of entry stamp in Germany....Do I need to go through the process again at the airport for the immigration check? For the domestic trave there is no such check...

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/17 11:33 AM as a reply to Birdy99.
Since you have already completed 3 years with EU BC, you can directly come here and walk into foreign office and get the German BC. You are not required to apply at local consulate...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/11/17 8:02 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hello HPRJ,

Thank you for the reply....I don't think I have a EU Blue Card.....Though I am eligible for it I only have normal temporary Residence permit...I believe if it's EU Blue card it's mentioned on the card it self.....

In Germany there is no explicit application for it as I understand but in other part of EU you need to fill up separate forms for EU BC.....

Considering this I cannot walk in to Germany but should apply for WORK PERMIT as well as residence permit/BC....

Regards..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/17 11:42 AM as a reply to Birdy99.
Sorry, I have actually over looked normal work permit thing. In that case you have to follow Detlef instructions.

Yes there would not be any trace/check as part of Schengen agreement. However, your employer/finanzamt would require German work permit/BC for all other processes. Good luck then 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/13/17 11:31 AM as a reply to hprj.
Hello guys,

I am in the same boat.

Context: I am of Indian nationality working in France currently on carte de séjour/resident permit « Salarie en mission » valid till 17/April/2017 and my wife has a resident permit till the same period.
I have been offered a job from a German company in Berlin on salary that corresponds to blue card with a date of joining 1st week of April.

Questions:1) I will need to apply German National Visa - Employment type to enter Germany and then do the blue card process there. Please confirm2) Which visa do my wife(Indian national) need to apply (travelling together)?3) I will be doing this process from German consulate - Paris. Do I need any special documents apart from the check list mentioned on the German embassy site http://www.allemagne.diplo.de/contentblob/4783912/Daten/6710744/02visaarbeitaufnahmedateineufr.pdf4) Do I need any specific document from my employer?

I really appreciate your response on this email. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Avinav
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/13/17 10:08 PM as a reply to Avinav.
Dear Friend,

I am also in same situation like you i.e. currently employed in Brussels and got an offer from Germany.

Now to move forward we directly need to apply for Germany National Visa which is available on their site.

http://www.germany-visa.org/working-germany-getting-german-work-permit/

So mainly if your salary is greater than ~49000 Euros/year and you have recognised university degree then you can direclty apply for visa without any ZAV approval.

Info on Blue card : ( I hope it will help)
The EU Blue Card allows third-country nationals with a university degree to take up employment in Germany commensurate with their qualifications. The EU Blue Card, like all longer-term residence permits, is issued [font="TimesNewRoman,Bold"]exclusively by the [font="TimesNewRoman,Bold"]relevant foreigners authority in Germany. [font="TimesNewRoman,Bold"]You must apply for the national visa, which is required in advance, from the embassy. General information on the EU Blue Card is available from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees website at www.bamf.de and from the portal for qualified professionals www.make-it-in-germany.com. For your application the following documents are required in the original (+ 2 copies):
  • valid national passport (with copies of pages which are not empty)
  • valid Belgium residence card
  • a certificate of good conduct from the Belgium police [font="TimesNewRoman,Italic"](Certificat de bonne [font="TimesNewRoman,Italic"]conduite, vie et mœurs / Getuigschrift van goed zedelijk gedrag)
  • a residence certificate from the Belgian city hall [font="TimesNewRoman,Italic"](Certificat de résidence [font="TimesNewRoman,Italic"]historique/Getuigschrift van woonst historiek)
  • Contract/binding job offer with details of gross annual salary
  • German university degree or recognised foreign degree comparable to a German degree
  • Curriculum vitae of professional career, specifying the certificates, diplomas, etc. you have obtained
  • a proof of health insurance for Germany
  • 2 biometrical passport pictures (not older than 3 months)
  • € 60,00.
  • Application form and declaration in accordance with section 55 (2) of the Residence Act, both properly filled in: http://www.bruessel.diplo.de/Vertretung/bruessel/de/04_20RK/Visa/Unterbereic h__Visa.html
[font="Arial,Bold"]Rechts- und Konsularabteilung [font="ArialNarrow,Bold"]Deutsche Botschaft Brüssel Rue Jacques de Lalaingstraat 8 - 14 1040 Brüssel Tel.: 02 - 787.18.00 Fax: 02 - 787.28.00 [font="TimesNewRoman,Bold"]EU Blue Card Entry visa Stand: April 2015 You can check whether your foreign university degree is recognised or comparable by consulting the ANABIN database: http://anabin.kmk.org/ Please ensure that your application documents are complete. Incomplete applications may be rejected. This fact sheet is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete. In individual cases provision of additional documents may be necessary. To hand in your application, please book an appointment on our website: Online- Terminvergabesystem For consultation by phone please call Tuesday or Thursday between 2 pm and 3 pm. You can reach us by using the following contact details: [font="TimesNewRoman,Bold"]phone: 02-787.18.18
fax: 02-787.28.18
[font="TimesNewRoman,Bold"]rk-115-di@bruessel.diplo.de 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3