Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Indian channels via Satellite TV?

Toggle
Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 1/26/05 12:47 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Rajesh Shankar 1/26/05 1:52 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Rama Subramanian 1/26/05 1:55 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 1/26/05 4:55 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Rama Subramanian 1/26/05 5:14 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? chandrasekar krishnamurthy 1/27/05 1:00 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 2/7/05 7:08 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Faisal Muhammed 2/8/05 2:45 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 2/9/05 11:31 AM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Faisal Muhammed 2/9/05 11:44 AM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 2/9/05 11:53 AM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Faisal Muhammed 2/14/05 12:18 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 2/14/05 1:50 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Faisal Muhammed 2/15/05 1:12 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Faisal Muhammed 2/15/05 1:14 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred J 6/10/05 4:34 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Shankar Raibagi 6/13/05 12:04 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Manfred Baksh 6/13/05 1:06 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Faisal Muhammed 6/13/05 3:38 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Shankar Raibagi 6/13/05 4:19 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Manfred Baksh 6/13/05 4:34 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Atul Sadrani 7/22/05 1:16 AM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Fred Jeffry 8/4/05 6:36 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Renu Sharma 8/5/05 2:18 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Manfred Baksh 8/5/05 7:42 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Renu Sharma 8/6/05 4:11 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? S R 2/13/06 1:20 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Curry Man 3/8/06 2:04 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Patrick Wilke 4/8/06 3:54 AM
Passport Question GnR GnR 4/8/06 3:06 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? pk kums 7/3/06 5:30 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Binu Jacob 7/4/06 3:06 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? vikas sali 7/7/06 7:49 PM
Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV? Rama Subramanian 7/7/06 8:36 PM
Indian channels via Satellite TV?
Answer
1/26/05 12:47 PM
Dear GCs,

I would like to know about the experinces in viewing Indian TV Channels here in Germany, using a Dish and a Digital receiver. I mean South Indian languages like Tamil and Malayalam channels. What does it cost per month or per annum? What hardware do I need?

Please guide me on this.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Indian channels via Satellite TV?
Answer
1/26/05 1:52 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi fred,

I did install 6 tamil channels ( for 129€ per year) last year. You need to have a disk and buy a card slot digital receiver. You need to see that the via-access is integrated in the card slot of the Digi-receiver( It costs around 140€) Disk costs around 60€. then you can ask suntv or TRT for a card for 1 year( you can find address in the internet). All you need is to fix the dish facing south. if you have troubles fixing it call a guy ( he will charge you 40€). I think then you get all channels what you like.

You need to get a permission from your landlord before you install a dish!!

Regards
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 1:55 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi Fred,

Just few days back there was a thread on this topic. Please search and you should be able to find it out.

Now coming to channels, some are free to air whereas some have to be purchased.

My satellite is towards direction Hotbird 13°east and I get the following:

As of now, Asianet and one more malayalam channel (i forgot) is free. In tamil, TTN & Deepam (programmes are from SUN TV) are free to air. If you need SUN TV, I heard it costs around 200 - 250 euros per annum. I am not sure of the exact figure. One can also buy Jaya TV.

In Hindi, you can either go for Pehla TV or ZEE. Both costs 200 euros per annum. In Pehla, you get Sony, Setmax, NDTV, Geo and ATN bangla. Whereas, in ZEE, you get ZEE TV and ZEE cinema.

All the above channels are for direction Hotbird. There are some more free to air & not FTA programmes but they are in other direction like ASTRA & Eutelsat and not Hotbird. German channels come under ASTRA.

Coming to hardware, you need atleast the following:
1. Satellite Dish antenna minumum 60 cm
2. LMP minumum 1
3. DIGIBOX (digital satellite receiver)

If you need only Hotbird, then a satellite dish of 60 cms + 1 LMP is sufficient. If you need ASTRA and Eutel sat, then you have to go for 3 LMP's and a bigger antena.

Regarding digibox, the agent who sells Pehla TV cards or ZEE TV chip cards should be able to give you a good offer. Normally the digibox costs around 100 euros. And it has a slot to insert the chip card. If you need both Pehla and ZEE, then you need a Digibox with two slots for the chip cards. However, the agent could help you out regarding this. Satellite antenna 60 cms from Karstadt costs around 12 euros and LMP another 9 euros.

Best Regards,
GC-Friend
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 4:55 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Thank you Rajesh and GC-Friend for the quick responses.

What if I need to watch German channels? Will I be able to receive Hotbird and Astra in the same direction, and the only thing I need are multiple LNB´s? Or should I keep my good old Cable TV (15 Euro/month)

Could you give me the addresses of your agents?

One problem is that I live in an apartment, but luckily my balcony faces South.

@GC-Friend:
Were you serious when you wrote:
"Satellite antenna 60 cms from Karstadt costs around 12 euros and LMP another 9 euros. "
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/26/05 5:14 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi Fred,

Ofcourse, I was serious because I myself brought such an antena. However, I dont know if its available at the karstadt in your city. I purchased a 60 cm Philips antena for 12 euros.

Now coming to your questions. Hotbird is 13° east whereas Astra is 19° east (for German channels). Yes, you can have both Indian programs and German ones with a single satellite antena. But you have to buy 2 LMP's. You can fit both the LMP's to a single antena. In that case, ensure that the antena is 80cm. For one LMP, you need 60 cm; for two 80 cm. Once you have this, you can receive both Indian and German programes as both Hotbird and Astra are towards East.

My agent's name is Jolly. His contact details are:
Phone: 02263951309 (Office)
E-Mail: jollymail at t-online.de

you can also get his contact details from ZEE/ Sony websites. He sells both Pehla and ZEE. I dont have SUN TV. May be Rajesh can give his agents details for SUN TV.

I have my satelitte in my balcony. Ensure that the antena is not blocked by any wall. Else the picture quality will be poor.

Regards,
GC-Friend
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/05 1:00 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hello leute,
When did they make Deepam and TTN free. When I was living in Frankfurt they were paid channels.
But I am not aware of this news.
But GC Friend and Rajesh have given good information. I am still thinking about installing a Dish.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/05 7:08 PM as a reply to Fred J.
I found this link in another thread. Its really useful:

http://www.kingofsat.net/en/freqs.php?&sat=57&standard=All&filtre=Clear

The thhread where I found it is:
http://www.trust7.com.h62542.serverkompetenz.net/de/forums/help_needed/satellite_posiotion_in_germany_for_indian_channels
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/05 2:45 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi Fred,

In Malayalam you get Asianet, IndiaVision and Kairali. Asianet and Kairali are not free whereas Indiavision is free. Asianet costs around 120 Euros per year. You can look in www.asianetuk.com and www.kairali.tv for details

Regards

Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/05 11:31 AM as a reply to Fred J.
Do you know any agents here in Germany?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/05 11:44 AM as a reply to Fred J.
Yeah Sure...

For Asianet call

022 033 9748, 022 033 4871.

I forgot his name. But thats no problem :-))

For Kairali,

Paul Chirakkal - 075123333

He is a friend of mine...:-))

Regards

Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/05 11:53 AM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi Faisal,

Thank you very much for your reply. So its 120 Euro for Asianet, and what about Kairali?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/14/05 12:18 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Well..I guess it's 9€ a month..I am not sure abt that...the channel is too much politically biased...:-)) eventhough I personally belong to that ideology :-)) IndiaVision is the best if you want to get non-biased news and Asianet is good for entertainment. Btw..Are u from Kerala?

Regards

Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/14/05 1:50 PM as a reply to Fred J.
@Faisal:

Yup, from TVM Dist. You can mail me at fredjeffry at hotmail dot com.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/05 1:12 PM as a reply to Fred J.
did u get my mail fred?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/15/05 1:14 PM as a reply to Fred J.
thanks....just got ur mail....:-))
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/10/05 4:34 PM as a reply to Fred J.
I heard that INDIAVISION is no more a Free-To-Air (FTA) channel anymore! Does anyone know of some South Indian FTA Channels, mainly Tamil and/or Malayalam?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 12:04 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi All..

Interesting discussion ..
Just need one clarification.. recently I bought Digi box and a Zee Tv connection.. and yet to install the Dish... Can some body tell me what Dish I have to buy.. and what is the meaning of Hotbird 13E.. How should I direct my Dish ??

Please help...
Shankar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 1:06 PM as a reply to Fred J.
FYI to all Non South Indians
You get sony channel free to air at hotbird.Its got all serials and shows beamed in India.Its Uk managed .
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 3:38 PM as a reply to Fred J.
you got the frequency dude?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 4:19 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi stier..
Can you please tell me what is freq. to receive Sony.. and What is Hotbird 13E means? Is it a settellite?? and What should be the direction & Size of the Dish to receive Zee and Sony. ( I have subscription to Zee)..

Thank you in advance..
Shankar
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 4:34 PM as a reply to Fred J.
http://www.kingofsat.net/en/channels_S.php

check this link it has the orientation and also the symbol rate which u shud configure for Sony.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/22/05 1:16 AM as a reply to Fred J.
I need some info on paid indian channels..any company offering such deals?

Thanks for advise

Rgds
Atul
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/05 6:36 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Just saw a website :
http://www.media-asia.tk/
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/05 2:18 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Zee Cinema is now a days 'Free To Air'. Info regarding frequecny , one can get from the Internet sites given this thread.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/5/05 7:42 PM as a reply to Fred J.
hi renu and also others,
Is there a link where we can constantly monitor which of the indian channels are being Free to Air ?
And renu thanx for the info..maybe weeknd will be a lot for happpening emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/6/05 4:11 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi

On site http://www.kingofsat.net/en/ , there is one link for Temporarily Free To Air TV Channels

http://www.kingofsat.net/en/tempfta.php

And to make ur weekend more happening i think u must have found SetMax is also Free To Air on the same frequecy as ZeeCinema.

Viel Spaß und Schönes Wochenende!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/06 1:20 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hello there,

I wish to know whether its possible to view Indian(indischer) TV channels in Böblingen-Sindelfingen area, through cable ?

Can I have some contact information about the Cable service providers in Böblingen area ?

Kindly respond.
Thanks in advance,
Savera
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/8/06 2:04 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hi Guys!

All I know id that indian FTA (free to air) channels are on Astra28.8. In Stutgart area I am able to get them using a 80cm dish, a digital FTA box.

As an Indian artist, and soon with songs to be aired on B4U channel, tI installed this dish so that so my Phamily can alzo shee it.

here is my websight: http://www.friendlyindian.com
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/8/06 3:54 AM as a reply to Fred J.
I am very happy that you seem to identify so much with the friendly indian pop artist!

emoticon

Kind regards,
the real Friendly Indian
0 (0 Votes)

Passport Question
Answer
4/8/06 3:06 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Dear Friends,
I am going to apply for a new Indian passport as my current one is expiring in 6 months.I am based in hamburg.My question is how long does is take the local indian consulate to issue the new passport?
Any tips are welcome.
rgds
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 5:30 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Has anybody tried this in germany. https://www.streambox.tv/.
My brother in US gets Asianet this way and he says it is pretty good.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 3:06 PM as a reply to Fred J.
I watch Asianet through www.streambox.tv for past 2 months.. Generally it is Ok. The only problem is with the timing. Telecast is on American timing ie, we see 7 hours after the original telecast. It is the same case for Surya as well. But I heard Kairali doesn't have that problem.

B.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/06 7:49 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hello GC-friend,

I am from hannover, i have read your valuable information on the above topic.

I have all the hardware you mentioned to receive the channels , pls guide me how to align my antenna to hotbird.

Grüß,

vikas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/06 8:36 PM as a reply to Fred J.
Hello Vikas,

Thats the most difficult part.

1. Well, I will tell you how i did it. One of my friends had an analog satellite receiver. He had channel No. 54 set to BBC. We then set the satellite towards south east and adjusted bit by bit till we had a clear picture of BBC. Then, we disconnected the analog and attached the digital receiver. Fixing the Satellite position with digital receiver is difficult as you have to be slow and very precise. Even with a small shake, you dont get the picture. Hence, an analog receiver will be helpful. This was 3 yrs ago. Now BBC doesnt come in channel 54.

At times, when there is a strong wind, the satellite position changes and I too have to slightly adjust the satellite. Since BBC is not available in chaneel 54 (analog) anymore, I do it in the following way. I have 2 LMP's as a one single device (available in Saturn). One is always pointed towards Astra (German channels) and the other towards Hotbird. Setting up Astra via analog is very easy. So, I had set the Astra first and I got hotbird automatically. Then I removed analog and attached the satellite to Digital and I get all the programs. It is difficult to understand but it works. The LMP's direction is already fixed. If you fix the first LMP to Hotbird, the other LMP will automatically faces the direction of Astra and vice versa. When you buy the analog receiver from Saturn or any other shop, you can request the shop colleague to set the first 25 channels to German. And when you set your satellite at home, attach the cable to
analog, select any one of these 25 channels and set the satellite to Astra. Ofcourse, this method will work only with 2 LMPs.

OR

2. You can buy a device which shows the direction for e.g. 13° for hotbird. I dont know where it is available. You can check it at Conrad or Saturn.

OR

3. Call an expert.

Best Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7