Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Advantages of abmeldung

Toggle
Advantages of abmeldung
Answer
3/31/12 1:54 PM
I recently took up German citizenship, about a month ago. I am moving to another country for a new job. I am not closing my bank account in Germany and would like to maintain my car registration in Germany, at least until I figure out new ways in the new country.
In this scenario,I have been asked by krankenversicherung (medical insurance) that they need an abmeldung. I would like to hear some thoughts on the following:

- What are the consequences of not doing the Abmeldung? - anything negative, anything positive?
- Will there be any other impact that I should think of before doing the abmeldung?
- What will be the tax implications since I worked for few months in Germany and will work rest of the year in a new country?

would love to hear the valuable thoughts of this forum. thank you one and all.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Advantages of abmeldung
Answer
4/3/12 12:21 PM as a reply to raven badri.
Hi,

if you have no apartment anymore it is mandatory to do the 'Abmeldung' if you leave the country. If you can keep an address in Germany, maybe at a friends place, you can wait untill you are very sure, that you made the right decision.

As a German citizen you can go and come back to Germany at any time.

Good luck
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Advantages of abmeldung
Answer
7/24/12 11:31 PM as a reply to raven badri.
This is little complicated issue.
If you really want to go along with rules, then better visit your Rathaus office and explain your case and ask them what u should do.
Then you can decide whether to do the Abmeldung or not.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott