Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Meeting in London
Answer
4/27/06 4:32 AM
I think we are slowly reaching critical mass, so it is time to organise the first UK Meeting.

The only questions are when and where. Anyone interested?

-a
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Meeting in London
Answer
5/2/06 1:02 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
HI AALvarez,

Its bad that no one replied. Any way, I am still in Germany, but planning to come to UK on Firday to attend and interview. Once my flight is confirmed may be we can meet. But I am flying back to De on the same day.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/3/06 4:53 AM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Sure! When is your interview over and in which area?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/06 1:57 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
HI Aalvarez,

I am really sorry for not replying. Actually I did not have enough time to plan all this stuff.

Indeed I have attended the interview and the result seems to be positive. I have a final telephone converation tomorrow. I would like you to help me out in the salary negotiation.

With 7yrs industry experience and in the Java/j2ee environment, how much can we expect. And also what is the theory behind the Basic salary + Bonus + Car allowance.

May be others also can shed some light on this aspect.

I want to know what are the realistic figures and what are good figures to have to live happily in London.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/06 2:51 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
I will be there next Monday-Tuesday. So, if anyone wants to meet up, I would be interested.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/10/06 10:56 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Hi Jackal,

don't worry, i was sick last week, so i couldn't have made it anyway... as for the salaries...

well, as they say in my land ... it depends on the pig. Beginners get mostly 20-30K everywhere, experienced J2EE developers 30-50k, and if you are in the Banking industry up to 80k, but this is quite rare.
Bonuses are usually non contractual and go from 5% to 20%, again depending on industry.

You can survive, (i repeat, survive) in London on 20k, but to live decently you need to get more than 35k.

@Xenon, do you know whereabouts you are going to be?

regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/06 4:32 AM as a reply to A Alvarez.
@aalvarez: I am going to be in central London. I will be in Gower street. I have an appointment with a University College department.

Let me know if you wanna meet for a drink emoticon

Cheers,

xen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/06 2:03 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Alex:

Tenes alguna direccion de email adonde pueda escribirte?

Viel Spaß
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/11/06 7:00 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
HI -a,

thanks for the inputs. I am looking around the 50K + benifits figure. But lets see what comes in the end. Ofcourse I am in the software industry, and the company I am joining have already Banking clients.

regards
Jackal.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/06 8:25 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
@YO,Xenon, you can email me at viralex at starmedia.com. Let's go for drinks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/06 10:51 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Hey Alex,

I will call you on Tuesday. Thanks for the number.

Cheers,
xen
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/7/06 1:50 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Hi *

I will be in London for a week in July to visit a potential customer of mine and some family over there, will be glad to meet some of you there.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/8/06 12:22 AM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Hi Nobody,

just say when and I'll be there!

Best regards.
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/8/06 8:14 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
I should be there by end of June. Will keep you updated.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/21/06 1:42 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Will be there from July 9th to July 16th.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 2:40 AM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Hi Nobody,

which day can you meet next week?

regards,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 5:13 AM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Dunno yet Al, I won't be in London directly but in Wokingham and I have no idea how far it is from London. Just drop me your phone number at my email address and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I touch ground there.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 6:05 PM as a reply to A Alvarez.
Hello,
I am also in London from july 24th to July 23rd to July 29th. In case any of you are meeting during this time let me know. I will be happy to join.
Also if you londoners can help me a bit, it will be great. I am coming for a Oracle training and am looking for a hotel. I am not very conversant with London geography and do not want to land in some far away place from my training center. Could any of you suggest a hotel near the address below costing not more than 100 euro/night(around 65 pound ) .

Oracle Corporation UK Ltd
One South Place
London
EC2A 1SA

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124