Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Help needed GC to NE

Toggle
Help needed GC to NE
Answer
9/1/06 6:36 PM
Hola a todos! or Hello all in Spanish!

Well, first I would like to thank again everyone that makes this forum (i.e. Detlef and Co) and webpage possible. You guys make life easier for us. My situation is the following:

Me and my wife we both are Mexicans and I am one of the survivors of the GC program; started with it in 2002 (April) beforehand I studied my Masters in Munich and I've got a job with a German company. So far is good.

I would like to go for the NE and I've been researching through all the links so:

-Auslandsamnt told me that we could start this process first in 2007 (January) about 3 months before my GC expiration.
-I have a 5 year contract with my company until April 2007.

My questions are:
1-Do I need an unlimited company contract to apply for NE? (I can get that late September 2006!)
2-Do I need to do this so called "German integration course"? No offence but I have been almost 7 years in Germany, I've assisted many German courses and my German is not perfect but very good for a foreigner specially oral and got no time at the moment. But if it is Mandatory I would need to look for one.
3-Do I need something else to go from GC to NE apart of my 5 year taxes and the question above?

Thank you very much. These questions are because I will be meeting soon with the PA of my company to determine hoe we are gonna do the NE. The good news is that my company is happy with my work and willing to cooperate in whatever is needed.

Any experiences, tips and answers to my questions are kindly appreciated.

Thank you
Tony
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help needed GC to NE
Answer
9/1/06 6:45 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
@tony

Answers
1) NO. I got NE with a contract of around 8 months

2) NO. I did not do any integration course. May be it depends on your answers to the questions while filing for NE form. I mean the similar form for filing a new German visa. Here i said that i would like to retain my current citizenship

Hope that helps.

Rest you could search in the forum.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/06 1:26 AM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
Hello Savion,

were did you get NE, I mean in wich City????
I didnt get it beacuse the contract was limited.

And now i have e new job and still must wait till first 6 Months (Probezeit) is finished and then i can apply for NE.

I am in Frankfurt.

Could you give me some information....

Thanks,
Kosovar.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/06 12:39 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
@kosovar,

I got it in berlin. AS i changed my job last Oct, i had a contract till Sept 2006. for the purpose of NE i asked for a contrat with min duration of 6 months. So when i went to AA for NE in August , i had a old contract of 1 year till Sept 2007 and new contract of 6 months till April 2007.

Not sure if this was a isolated case but the lady at the AA was very freindly. BTW, i come from India.

Tip: I spoke in German throughout my Visa process. Not sure if this did the trick. or May be just luck.

Regaerds
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/06 7:29 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
i went to AA for NE

First time I hear that Arbeitsamt issues NE or did you mistype?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/4/06 8:07 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
@babloo

Did you have a good Weekend :-)

AA can also mean Ausländersamt, not necessarily Arbeits Amt.

Not sure if anyone here has interpreted AA as Arbeits Amt. as i too have never heard that Arbeitsamt issues NE.

Regards
Savio
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 12:58 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
As far as I understood the acronym used for AA is Arbeitsamt atleast in this forum where as AB is Auslaenderbehoerde.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 2:05 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
as a matter of fact, we use here in this forum the abbreviation AA for Arbeitsamt (whose new name btw "Bundesagentur für Arbeit" is) and ABH or AB for Ausländerbehörde..

as far as I know the word Ausländerbehörde is used more commonly than the word Ausländeramt (a google search would also easily reveal this ;) )

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 2:18 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
hi all,

do you think that it is sufficient to submit the application for NE just 3 months in advance? My GC visa expires in March 2007, and the lady at the ABH replied to me in a mail to come in mid or end Jan 2007. Is the Police clearance certificate just a formality and will it be over so soon? I have heard of something around 6 months for processing a NE application.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 2:39 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
Hi Fred,
"3 months in advance" would do it.. I have couple of friends who got the NE in less than a month (inclusive police clearance stuff..) it depends on the ABH, City and your country of origin.. 6 Month waiting period is IMHO a rare case..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 2:44 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
@lacrima:

Thanks for the reply.

I know you are an old memebr of this forum. What situation are you in now? Have you joined Nobody´s §9 club?

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 3:02 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
"Have you joined Nobodys 9 club?"

Not yet.. I have been in Germany for 4 years.. so at least 1 year to go for NE.. but I have already "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" on my current limited residence permit.. and as a Turkish citizen (because of a special agreement between EU and Turkey) I enjoy some privileges after working 4 years legally in Germany.. so I am kind of in NE status now.. ;)

Regards,

Lacrima

PS: Trust7 does not have a counter for the posts in the forum.. but it might be the case that I have posted ~1000 posts here.. ;) so you are right.. I have been around here in Trust7 for some time.. ;)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 4:06 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
trust7.com needs a little revamping. I feel grey a bit dull, and probably we need something like blue or other lively colours. Though we GCs might have umpteen problems, our spirits are high! Some other things:

1. A counter showing the number of posts from members.
2. Some seniority or so after every 100 or 200 posts
3. Possibility to IM or Email a member
4. A Profile page
5. An informative FAQ section or ATLEAST something like sticky thread.

I personally would prefer something like phpBB (http://www.phpbb.com) which would make things more formatted and will help Detlef in managing the forum easily.

Detlef, are you listening? ;-)
(I know you are!)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/5/06 11:02 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
Hi Fred,

thanks for your message! I will answer it under a new topic:

http://www.trust7.com/en/forums/help_needed/the_trust7_website
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/06 12:01 AM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
Hello Friends,

I will complete my 5 years of my GC on 17th October. When I visited the beamter of my ABH last month she kept the letter of my unlimited job contract and then she asked me to come on the last day i.e. 17th october with the filled application form of NE.

I am bit confused when would she carry the police clearance and all those formalities if i visit her on last day and submit the application.

What do you think? Does anybody know what does it mean??

@Fred
Do you plan to do any integration course?

Best Regards!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/06 12:55 PM as a reply to Luis Antonio Menéndez.
@TheOne:

dont worry, lot of guys here got it on the last day.

btw, I dont have any intention of doing integration course. Why should I/we? Moreover its free (or 1€/hour) only for those who landed here after 01.01.2005.

I am confident that I can speak to the officials in German when I meet them to apply for my NE in early 2007.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18