Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

A difficult situtation regarding D-EG status

Toggle
Hi All

My apologies if this has already been answered in any other thread (I tried to search , but could not find anything similar.)

I have a question about German "Bürgerschaft."

I am in Germany since 2002, received Deuraufentshalt EG on July,2008. So I am eligible to apply for a German Bürgerschaft after staying 7 or 8 years (so in 2009 or 2010 !), but in that 7-8 year I am not allowed to live outside of Germany for more than 6 months (12 motths with EG ?).

Now, say I go to France on March, 2009, for a job, stay there for 2 years , then come back to Germany in 2011, and decide to apply for a German passport.

Tell me which will happen to me from the following scenarios:

1. From 2002-2008, I already stayed in Germany for 7 years. So , I will require to stay 1 more year before applying for the passport in 2012 ?

2. As I have Daeuraufenthalts-EG, and I never left EU, so from 2002-2011, I have already completed 10 years and I can apply for a passport immediately ?

3. As I left Germany for more than 6 months, I need to start from the beginning. Which means, I will have to stay in Germany again 8 years,from 2011-2019, and apply for a passport on 2019 ?

And also, with EG, do I need a new work permit in FRance, or it is already given ? Can anyone please give me a link to the rules ?

Thank you all..
0 (0 Votes)

Re: A difficult situtation regarding D-EG status
Answer
11/27/08 2:40 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
The best place to get the answer for your questions regarding citizenship is the Bürgeramt/Eibürgerungsamt or whatever the name is in your locality.

The link to the rules is

http://www.info4alien.de/einbuergerung/gesetze/stag.htm

Whether France accepts the D-EG, i have no idea
0 (0 Votes)

Re: A difficult situtation regarding D-EG status
Answer
11/27/08 10:59 PM as a reply to Mainul Kabir.
Hi

1. No (see 3)

2. No (see 3)

3. Partially yes. They MAY count the half of your previous stay in Germany. In worst case, you will need another 8 years. In best case another 4 years..

EG doesn't make any difference.. it just prevents the lost of your original German residence permit in EU.. it doesn't necessarily "connect" your stays in different EU countries for their citizenship applications. Citizenship laws of the EU countries are not unified.. they are country specific.. and I haven't heard of a single EU country's citizenship law which counts the living period in another EU country for the application of its own citizenship..

So.. if you don't want to mess the things up.. rule of thumb is, first get an EU citizenship and then do what ever you want..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3