Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Need some help with spouse visa

Need some help with spouse visa
Answer
12/14/16 10:01 AM
I know there are a lot of threads already relating to this topic, but like everyone else here, I am also a little desperate to know what exactly is happening with my spouse visa that I have already applied for. Firstly, I have to say I find it ridiculous that the German embassy makes you wait for way too long without giving you any sort of concrete information regarding your visa especially after charging so much for verification. I understand that a proper verification needs to be carried out considering the amount of fake documents that come from India, but the fact that they do not respond appropriately nor do they allow you to find out the status is quite harrowing for the people waiting to be with their families. The costs of verification also vary drastically in different cities without them giving you any explanation as to why there is so much of a difference in the cost. For example, I've had to pay Rs. 45,000 for my verification while the Bangalore consulate charges less than 15 k. 

I live in Mumbai and I applied through the Mumbai consulate itself so I suppose there are no transport costs and high overheard costs for the embassy to charge me 45000??

Anyway, below are the details of my application:

I applied for my visa on 5th October. On 11th October, I got a mail asking me to pay for my verification fees. On 13th October I paid for the fees and on 1st November the verification officer visited my house. Both my interview at the embassy went well as well as my experience with the verification officer. They even tested my German skills in my interview as I got a very high score in my exam and they complemented me after testing them telling me my German is quite good. So all of that went well but my application is still taking a lot of time. 

I am married to a German citizen who lives in Berlin. It's been 10 weeks since my application and 8 weeks since the verification officer visited me in my house in Bombay. Thankfully the verification officer was nice and told me he will write a positive report and send it to the consulate here in 1-2 days.

My husband tried contacting the ABH in Berlin but they never answer and the earliest appointment he can get at the ABH is in April. How is he supposed to find out the status of my application at the ABH since they are so unreachable? His work contract has also changed since I applied, I am not sure if this matters as much in his case since he is a German citizen by birth and has lived there all his life. We both want to celebrate Christmas together and with his family in Germany but we have no idea as to when the visa will come so we can't even make any plans. It's quite frustrating to be apart from him because we haven't even got the chance to celebrate our marriage properly and start our lives together because we are just waiting for this visa to come. Unfortunately he had to go back since he had to be working for me to get my visa emoticon

Can someone tell me if there is any way he or I can contact the ABH or the Embassy to get some information regarding the status? I am also wondering if the ABH will contact him to submit his documents over there as he is a German citizen and I have already shown his working contract, house contract and salary slips during the interview? I even submitted all attested copies from Germany. So I wonder why all of this is taking so much time?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott