Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Job Search in England/USA

Toggle
Job Search in England/USA
Answer
3/29/05 3:46 PM
Hello All,
I am a GC working here for last 4 years. I am intrested to move to either USA or Englad. Could you send some good job search sites for the same.

Secondly How easy to get workpermit in England and H1B in USA?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Job Search in England/USA
Answer
3/29/05 5:26 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
There is a possibility that you already qualify for the UK according to their HSMP programme:

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/highly_skilled_migrant_program.htm

It's an old point-gathering system, like those in Canada or Australia. If you do not qualify, you'll have to find a company that wants you so bad, that it will be ready to do your work permit sponsorship. It's not usual with average skills - you have to be really good for that combination.
There's also a lot of discussion about immigration laws in the UK as they might be altered during this year. It looks like they'll be more restrictive. But if anyone has a good immigration website - it's the British.

I don't know about the States, I've never had any interest of going there.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/29/05 8:39 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
About US, you can search on www.dice.com or www.monster.com. In the subject search you may add H1B as criteria. You can search with google for companies which sponsor the visa, as well. That method seems to be more effective. You have to hurry because this year the season for H1 starts at 1 April. The cap was also increased with 20.000 visas.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/30/05 6:22 PM as a reply to Ma Gm.
Seems that ppl from Bulgaria and Romania have an advantage to start a business in the UK or Freelance!

In general, overseas nationals coming to work in the UK, or Europe, will need a work permit which must be sponsored by an established local company that will employ them. However, there is an alternative for citizens of the following countries:

* Bulgaria
* Romania

Under the EC Association Agreement, you can come and set up your own business without the usual, and generally prohibitive, need to invest £200,000. You will find further details of the requirements and procedures for this programme in the EC Association Agreement and working in the UK page.

http://www.workpermit.com/uk/eea_association.htm
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/freelance.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3