Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Applying work permit (bluecard) and dependent visa together

Toggle
Hello all ! 
I am completely new to this forum.Although i tried searching my queries here but the answers were either not satisfactory or too old. So would greatly appreciate ur help in clearing few doubts of mine -
 1. My husband has been offered a permanent position with one of a German company. He is an IT professional. So he has to apply for a Long term Employment Visa with mentioning Blue Card in the covering letter and to the interviewer. Correct me if I am wrong here.
2. Is it required to get Travel Health Insurance beforehand. 
3.  Does he need to provide any proof for accommodation ( as it is not finalised yet)
4.  His offered salary is according to Blue Card requirements. Does he need to get pre approval from ZAV  (IT job)
5. He wants to apply for Dependent visa for me and our 8 yr old. Will it be advisable to apply it together with his Employment visa.
6. If it is ok, do I need to have A1 certificate ( btw I hold a masters degree)
7. Do we have to get our marriage certificate verified , as we have already stayed in Germany twice for around 3 yrs.
Appreciate ur patience to read this long post of mine. Kindly help

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Applying work permit (bluecard) and dependent visa together
Answer
12/9/16 2:24 PM as a reply to Ruchika K.
All of your questions are already answered many times. However, here are the answers again:

1. You write covering letter to consulate not to the interviewer
2. NO and Yes. From Day 1 you need health insurance in Germany. So simple travel insurance for a week or so will suffice
3. NO. However hotel confirmation for first few days is strongly recommended
4. Yes and No. Should be automatically taken care by employer or by local foreign office
5. Yes, that would ease lot of problems
6. Not required for spouses of BC applicants 
7. No No

Good luck and have a successfull stay here.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/9/16 4:46 PM as a reply to hprj.
hprj:
Dear,

I am in the similar situation but moving from Belgium to Italy (Belgium work permit to EU Blue card).  I wish to include my wife's dependent visa application together with my EU Blue card application when moving to Italy.

Can you kindly let me know How the whole process will work? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Marimuthu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/11/16 3:06 PM as a reply to hprj.
hprj:
All of your questions are already answered many times. However, here are the answers again:

1. You write covering letter to consulate not to the interviewer
2. NO and Yes. From Day 1 you need health insurance in Germany. So simple travel insurance for a week or so will suffice
3. NO. However hotel confirmation for first few days is strongly recommended
4. Yes and No. Should be automatically taken care by employer or by local foreign office
6. Not required for spouses of BC applicants 
7. No No

Good luck and have a successfull stay here.
Thanks for the help emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/12/16 9:42 AM as a reply to Marimuthu Ananthavelu.
Marimuthu Ananthavelu:
hprj:
Dear,

I am in the similar situation but moving from Belgium to Italy (Belgium work permit to EU Blue card).  I wish to include my wife's dependent visa application together with my EU Blue card application when moving to Italy.

Can you kindly let me know How the whole process will work? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Marimuthu
The process is very simple. You have to fill two applications-one as an employment visa for you and the other as family reunion visa to your wife. Rest all documents would be same for both of you except that you need to provide marriage certificate for her application. I would say go through German consulate FAQs for more information.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/18/16 10:22 AM as a reply to Ruchika K.
Hello all,
My query is similar to Ruchika's, but I am seeking further inputs on specific areas. It would be great if you can help address those, and point out to the right thread in case the question is not relevant here.

To provide the background, I have received an offer for permanent position with a company in Germany, with a 6 month probation period. This is a job in the field of management consulting (post MBA). I have been married for 2 years, and my wife is also an MBA degree holder. We are hoping to apply for a joint visa and travel together to Germany.

The quesitons I had were:
1. Is there a joint visa application process, wherein my wife and I could apply together and get visa together to move to Germany? 
2. Would I be getting an EU BC? Could I get the "highly skilled workers visa"? My gross salary (base+variable) would be exceeding the stipulated limit of 84,600+
3. Does the 6 month probation period have any bearings on my spouse's visa?

Thank you very much.

Regards.
Nirav.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/1/17 1:43 PM as a reply to Marimuthu Ananthavelu.
Hi Marimuthu,

did you apply for EU BC in your current location or you had to apply at your permanent home location for which you hod passport...

could you you help me understand process....Did you have to apply for D Type visa which allows you to enter for 90 days send then apply for BC....? What happens to your current work/residence permit?

Regards,
Mohit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/13/17 11:33 AM as a reply to Birdy99.
Hello guys,

I am in the same boat.

Context: I am of Indian nationality working in France currently on carte de séjour/resident permit « Salarie en mission » valid till 17/April/2017 and my wife has a resident permit till the same period.I have been offered a job from a German company in Berlin on salary that corresponds to blue card with a date of joining 1st week of April.

Questions:1) I will need to apply German National Visa - Employment type to enter Germany and then do the blue card process there. Please confirm2) Which visa do my wife(Indian national) need to apply (travelling together)?3) I will be doing this process from German consulate - Paris. Do I need any special documents apart from the check list mentioned on the German embassy site http://www.allemagne.diplo.de/contentblob/4783912/Daten/6710744/02visaarbeitaufnahmedateineufr.pdf4) Do I need any specific document from my employer?
I really appreciate your response on this email. Thanks a lot and let me know if I can help anybody by anyways

Thanks,
Avinav
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3