Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

GC/OCI and assets &taxes

Toggle
GC/OCI and assets &taxes
Answer
7/27/10 1:02 AM
Hello All,

I am going to apply for German citizenship, for this I went through the most of reply on this topic but I did not find complete answer to one of the question

German citizenship + OCI card what is going to happen to inherit and some of the own property which might give me some income in future and tax is going deduct through the Indian bank.

Do I also need to declare Indian income here once I get the German citizenship?

Do I also need to pay tax on Indian income like Abgeltungssteuer? I do not know much about this.

I am going to ask to the tax adviser but any experience to those who already have the GC and OCI.

Best Regards,
Bolt
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC/OCI and assets &taxes
Answer
7/27/10 8:31 AM as a reply to Kishore Tarade.
As A german tax payer you have to declare your global income and pay tax on them.

Dual tax treaties are applicable so some where you have to pay taxes.

Now as a German passport holder you are not allowed to have certain types of property in India.Agriculture ,farm house e.t.c.

yes you have to pay taxes on the income generated in india either in india or in germany.

This is a legal view only.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC/OCI and assets &taxes
Answer
7/27/10 2:43 PM as a reply to Kishore Tarade.
Havehope!
Thanks for the information.

I will have to apply OCI immd.after GC so that I can hold the inherit property and own property and pay tax, this is what read in the forum as well as the RBI site.

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=33#14

Thanks!

Bolt
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7