Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse independant work permit

Toggle
Spouse independant work permit
Answer
7/9/07 7:15 PM
Hello all,

My wife is in Germany since April 2006. I read in this forums some time ago that spouse is eligible to get an independant work permit after staying here for 1 year atleast.

Does any of you have an experience with this? If so, Can you please share with your experiences?
I have no idea of this. If at all the above is correct, I would like to know what this visa is called and how to proceed with this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Venu
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse independant work permit
Answer
2/7/08 1:47 AM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Dear Freinds,

As I already placed a request a while ago, I am still waiting for anyr response.

My wife is staying in Germany since May 2006 on spouse visa. She is currently studying Masters with the same status. Recently she has got an internship offer from a company but she is not allowed to do this as her visa doesn't permit her to do so.

It is very urgent!! If anybody has an experience with spouse work permit, please share the information with me. I heard that spouses will get independant work permit after staying for 1 year in Germany. But iam not sure what to ask for going to foreign office.

Is there any specific law which says about spouse work permit? If so, can you please point me to the link? We can go to foreign office with a print of that law.

It would be really very helpful if any one shares their experiences.

Thanks in advance,
Venu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/08 4:28 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hi,
Just go to AuslanderBehörde and tell them your wife wants to internship as it is a part of the Master course than she will get the permission to work.

Hope this helps you out.

BR.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/08 8:54 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. But it is not part of the studies. she wants to do this with her own interest. but because of the work permit problem company is in dilemma now whether to give the contract or not. They advised us to contact auslanderbehorde for the work permit.

Regards,
Venu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/7/08 9:55 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hello,

this is not the answer to the question you asked certainly,however it wll be really helpful for me if you can answer this that whatever the university was where your spouse was studying,do they accept 3 years of Bachelor's or 4 years of study at undergraduate level.

Because my experience with one of the university here was not good as they decline Bachelor's to study master's

many thanks for your advise.

pooja
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/8/08 12:32 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hi,
You are asking the question and you are also answering it. So go to Auslanderbehörde with contract or tell company to give a copy of the contract or something which states that she have a internship and ask them directly or wait one more year till she get Arbeiterlaubnis.Normally wifes get Arbeiterlaubnis after 2 years.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/08 3:01 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think you have mistaken. Company people are not willing to give the contract without having work permit and auslander behorde is creating troubles giving work permit.

Best Regards,
Venu
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/9/08 3:03 PM as a reply to Venu Madhav Ega.
Hi Pooja,

Yes. you are right. they accept only 4 years bachelors here in order to get an admission for masters.

I think it is difficult to enter Masters having 3 years bachelor degree.

Best Regards,
Venu
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3