Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

RE: Bluecard family re-union

RE: Bluecard family re-union
Answer
11/25/16 8:06 PM
Balu Sundaresan:
Hello All,

I have a bluecard and started working in Munich, with an unlimited contract from September this year. 
Before working, I got married in Bangalore, India with Special Marraige act(No Ceremony). 

Now, I want to bring my wife to Munich. I have some questions regarding Family re-union visa. 

1) My wife has a copy of marraige certificate attested by Registrar and I have the original with me here in Munich. Is the attested copy enough for submitting visa applciation for my wife?

2) Since I have just started working, I have only 2 months salary slip and contract to provide proof of income. Is this enough for my wife to show in Bangalore German embassy? 

3) How long does it generally take to process family reunion visa where the spouce(me) is having an unlimited work contract? 

4) Last question would be is it safe to Send Original Marraige certificate to Bangalore, India with DHL courier from Germany? If any one has experience with this, please share.

Although first three questions are most important for me. Thanks for taking your time and involement. 

Best Regards,
Balu

Well I can only answer regarding question 2, and 3

1] How long does it take on blue card?

- Well in general they say it can take upto 12 weeks but I have seen lot of cases where it easily takes 5 -6 months as well (and few got inside 2 months). So, with German immigration there is no time limit (Know from personal experience)

- If you have just joined your job 2 months back then I assume you would be in probation for 6 months (as per German standards) and here is the problem. In general ABH waits till your probation gets completed (happened to me) and asks for the confirmation letter from your employer that your probation has completed and that now you are confirmed employee of their company. But there are few cases where spouse visa for Germany was granted to people inspite being under probation. So, it really depends but MOSTLY ABH in Germany waits till a person is out of probation and I know it could get very frustating as it could easily add 4 - 5 months of delay.

I suggest research on trust7 for topics on "spouse visa under probation" and you will get a clear idea of what I am talking about.

Hope this helps!!!

All the best
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3