Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

Accident with bicycle

Toggle
Accident with bicycle
Answer
7/13/09 8:00 PM
Hi Trust7ers,
I had an accident with my bicycle last week. I was riding on a bidirectional cycle path. A lady was taking her car out of her appartment. She just looked to her left and accelerated the vehicle. As I was coming from the right, she knocked me down without braking and I was thrown to the middle of the road. God's wish, no other vehicle was moving on the street.
This was on my way to work and was also quite close to my office.

I had bruises on my left arm and pain on my knees and hips. The cycle was broken. I called my boss for advice, as I was in a state of shock and he immediately came and regulated the situation.

In between the girl was telling me not to call the Police as she did not want to have complications and told me that she will pay me for my cycle. I told her that since this has happened on my way to work, I have to register this to the Police. She pleaded again. But my Boss also advised me to call the Police immediately, if not the Berufsgenossenschaft of my company will make problems if I have health complications in the future.

Finally the Police arrived and made the necessary formalities (fotos of my bruises, broken cycle, the lady's car and the place of accident, Unfall anmeldung) and informed me that they will call me to have a written complaint (Vernehmung).

The girl also accepted her guilt and informed the Police that she did not want complications as she is still in 'Fuehrerschein Probezeit'. The Police informed her that she will be getting a 'Bussgeld' and then the insurance has to be informed in case of further complications and schmerzengeld. Finally the Girl also informed me to make a proposal for the compensation and got my bank account number.

Since I have not undergone any accidents until now, I want to know, what can I claim now?

1.Repairing my cycle will cost 250 Euros (Kostenvorschlag from Stadler)
2.Schmerzensgeld..How much?
3.Voraussichtliche Folgeschaden?
4.Travel costs to work with public transport for the period without the cycle?
5.Half a day loss of work.

Thanks in advance for your advise.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Accident with bicycle
Answer
7/13/09 8:17 PM as a reply to Chandra Sekar.
>>1.Repairing my cycle will cost 250 Euros (Kostenvorschlag from Stadler)

If you have the kosten vorschlag then the insurance company should pay without much problem

>>2.Schmerzensgeld..How much?
>>3.Voraussichtliche Folgeschaden?

You should have gone to a Doctor immediately as only he can tell about ur health and give the necessary certificate to calculate the amout. So then go and have a complete health checkup for free now or else it maybe too late.

>>4.Travel costs to work with public transport for the period without the cycle?
>>5.Half a day loss of work.

Better contact a lawyer if you want to claim money from her insurance, then a doctors certificate is also necessary

Or if you are just negotiating with the girl then lets say 250 + 150 + 150 + 30 + 0,5 * (your salary per month /30) or whatever amount u feel is justified.

Good that nothing happened.. as a cyclist always be extra careful..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/09 8:27 PM as a reply to Chandra Sekar.
Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply. I went immediately to the Betriebarzt and they registered the nature of my wound. They advised me to visit a Orthopaedic if I felt more pain on my arm. I waited for 2-3 days and finally there was no more pain. So I did not go to the doctor after that.

I thought of negotiating the costs with the girl and if she wants this issue to complicate, I am very well ready to use the expensive(for her) route.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/09 10:03 PM as a reply to Chandra Sekar.
Dear SakethRam,

The way I see it, you met with an accident which caused some evil kind of serious internal brain damage. Now you have trouble concentrating on the jobs and in foreseeable future you don't see yourself fit to do the job with remotely involves thinking.

The treatment involves relaxation for couple of months in some 5 stars wellness facility, and ofcourse with full salary until you get out of this trauma and see youself fit to work again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/14/09 12:08 AM as a reply to Chandra Sekar.
@SakethRam

If i were you, just take money for your bike and let her go dude, its not fair to rob someone when the person admits their mistake!

the rest is upto you........good luck und gute besserung!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott