Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

1und1 connection ,weak router

Toggle
1und1 connection ,weak router
Answer
1/2/08 10:45 AM
I have 1und1 connection here in berlin 16000kbps speed.They have given me some fritz box wireless router its fritzbox wlan5141....something .Maybe some of u r also having this.
Problem-> Actually when i use p2p software it wont allow me to use more than 80-85 connections and if i increase connections then router jams and whole internet connection stops working then either i need to restart my router or my windows to get internet work again.

I hav searched the net and solution is to change the router with better stronger one.

I have old DSL router from ALice and with that i never had problem like this earlier and i want to use that router with my 1und1 connection.

IS someone know how to setup other router than provided by ur ISP provider in ur present DSL connection? or anyone faced same kind of problem?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: 1und1 connection ,weak router
Answer
1/2/08 1:50 PM as a reply to Max max.
hi,
is it really 5141? Do you have the latest firmware loaded ? I never really heard that fritzbox have problems with number of connection. I assume it's configured as a router ? Or do you use it as modem only ? Problem with fritzbox is that if you have not so good line - it's not stable with 16000. What OS do you use ?
Usually it's not a problem to use different router, however I wonder what exactly do you have from Alice? Usually they send routers configured as modems and with the latest Alice firmware it's not possible to change this configuration. Also if you don't have Alice anymore - you suppose to send the hardware you got from them back - how did you manage to keep it ?
In any case you would need to connect to you Alice thingy via web browser and change configuration - if you are lucky - it's just a matter of entering 1und1 username and password and it should work (assuming 1und1 uses vpi/vci=1/32). I use Alice at the moment and since I also use VoIP - I have Alice Siemens modem connected to Fritzbox 7170 and this connection works fine.
If you need more help - please provide exactly what kind of hardware you have.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/2/08 2:33 PM as a reply to Max max.
O god im pissed off by this 1und 1 connection.
Ok first my hardware config

P5b delux wifiAP mother board--Im using wifi as reciver for internet.
windows xp64 bit sp2 -4gb ram.

Ok my dsl modem(i dint know modem or router) ist fritzbox fon wlan 7141. from(1und1)

my alice modem is simens adsl c2-010-1(that i want to use if i dont find any solution with my current router).

I didnt understand the technical term u used but im using ..as...my fone line is connected with router and from one output of this router my fone is connected and from other (lan or wlan) im using as my internet.

My wireless connection is at APstation mode where to configure i put 16 digit key(came with 1und1).

It is always pain is ass to make port frei for p2p software but i somhow manage it with my current connection.

Ok just befor writing to u i was trying with usb stick(what came with 1und 1 for wireless connection) connection was estbalished but port was not forwarding As my p2p (azureus) was showing nat error although port i made free in
http://fritz.box control panal.

SO atlast i went back to my old wireless reciver.

Im using kaspersky internet security which i disabled to check if the problem is because of antivirus.

If u want to know anything else then ask me but pls give me some solution as im traped in their 1 year contract and i cant live without p2p.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/3/08 11:31 AM as a reply to Max max.
i think its DSL Modem what im using.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/08 1:25 AM as a reply to Max max.
Ok, first thing to check if you are using as modem or router - to connect to internet - do you have to click on "Connect to" on your PC, or is you internet always on ? Also what IP does your PC get - is it something like 192.168.178.xxx ? You can check it by doing ipconfig from command line.
Next thing - check www.avm.de for firmware updates for 7141. Overall I'd be really surprised that 7141 cannot handle p2p. And you also said that rebooting PC helps ?
Next thing - check Event Log on your PC for Event 4226 - if you see them a lot - go to this site http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads and download patcher to allow more half-opened connections (default is only 10).
What p2p software do you use ? Emule or torrents? In case of torrents - disable DHT and limit max connections to something like 200.
What I also found useful - this small software: http://www.cfos.de/speed/cfosspeed_e.htm - you can download free trial and see if it helps.
I'm not very familiar with Kasperky internet security, but I remember that I had some problems with it and open ports - you have to explicitly allow application or port to be open - it's not enough just configure ports in fritzbox.

If all this fails - you can try to configure your Siemens to connect to 1und1 - however you need to have you 1und1 username/password and also username/password for the Siemens (just google for it) - after that it again depends if Siemens is configure as modem or router emoticon
Let us know if you manage to make any progress emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/4/08 10:04 PM as a reply to Max max.
thanks for reply.i will try all the things soon and give u the feedback.

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/08 2:08 AM as a reply to Max max.
hi Bies,

I also have Alice as Internet provider.

I would like to know which provider you are using for VoIP. As far as I know, Alice does not offer that service, so I am checking for alternatives.

Thanks for your feedback,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/5/08 8:53 PM as a reply to Max max.
It depends where you want to call - there are lots of voip providers - just pick one. For Germany I use Alice (normal fixed line), for outside Germany - sparvoip.de and I also have UK number with sipgate.co.uk so my mother-in-law could call my wife and it would be local UK call emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/08 9:46 PM as a reply to Max max.
Hello Bies

After some 10 days of working ok it started again with my azureus software.
Portforwarding and other things are ok and NAT icon is green in azureus

Ok today i updated the latest drivers for fritz box 7141.
but the problem still the same.
my ip address is 192.168.178.xx its just 2 digits at the end not 3 digits.

on azureus i already disable DHT and limit max connections to something 100 earlier i had 200

and my internet connection is always on .
I hav checked that kaspersky is not causing problem as i dissabled it and then also it was not working
So now what can be done in this case.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/18/08 11:12 PM as a reply to Max max.
Please be careful using p2p especially bittorrent,
azureus,edonkey,emule for downloading movies and mp3 is illegal and many people already got prosecuted with heavy fines in Germany.
It says that its not illegal to download but uploading files are illegal but with p2p we download and also at the same time files are uploaded and we become responsible for illegal uploads.
You may read this article
http://news.bbc.co...rtainment/5009224.stm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/19/08 3:29 PM as a reply to Max max.
Neither i download mp3 nor movies(i dont see them) .I downloads documentries and study tutorials and sometimes TV shows that aired on tv channels in india.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/28/08 1:29 PM as a reply to Max max.
Did you try to install cfos software? If it also doesn't help - I'd suggest to either get another router (for example fritzbox 7170) or to try to configure your Alice one. To configure it's really easy - first connect to your PC and make sure your PC has fixed IP which is something like 192.168.1.<>, then enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser to connect to your Alice router - make sure it's configured as a router, enter 1und1 username, password, save configuration and that should be it. Of course I'm not sure if your Alice modem is configured as 192.168.1.1 - you may need to google it or look at hansenet forums, you will also need to find username/password to connect to the modem - again the same source - google & hansenet forums, and you may also need to change vpi/vci - in case 1und1 uses different from Alice's 1/32 (I know for sure that Arcor has different ones).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/29/08 10:32 AM as a reply to Max max.
well thanks for info i will try it as u hav said on weekend btw i will call 1und1 if this is really their problem i was reading some german forums hm didnt able to understand(as i hate to read german:-) but they were talking about that their server become saturated because of p2p connections and thats why it happen with them.Im not sure if it is right but i will call them soon and write here what happen.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott