Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Family Reunion Visa - 2 years minmum clause for marriage after Residence Pe

Toggle
Hello,

I have been living in Germany for 19 months now 1.5 years. I got married recently and had applied for Visa for Spouse. Only now I got to know through these forums that there are certain requirements that are to be met in order to issue spouse Visa. One of them is that person should be married before getting residence Permit. if not they should have spent 2years before applying.

Are there any exceptions to this rule? Or do they downright reject without any considerations? I am on a short term visa till 2018. Not a Blue Card Holder either. Has anyone been able to talk through with the people at foreign office?

Firstly I am frustrated at such unrealistic and ridiculuous rule. Secondly I donot know why dont they advertise this in any of their mandatory check lists. It looks like that entire system is hiding such rules in order to make money. After waiting for a period of 3 months I got to know the existence of such rule.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Family Reunion Visa - 2 years minmum clause for marriage after Residenc
Answer
11/25/16 7:30 PM as a reply to Akshay Kumar.
Hello Akshay,

Can you please elaborate when you say "After waiting for a period of 3 months I got to know the existence of such rule". Is this officially confirmed by ABH/German Embassy in India? Because I have seen people getting spouse visa inside 2 years of their stay in Germany (Yes they got married after coming to Germany)

Have you tried consulting to any lawyer and tried to get any opinion?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott