Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa procedure for Guest Scientists

Toggle
Visa procedure for Guest Scientists
Answer
9/1/10 8:49 PM
Hi,

Presently i am in Bangalore and supposed to join RWTH aachen university as guest scientist. I applied for long term visa along with wife and kid to VFS bangalore. I applied as guest scientist and my family members as family reunion as i dont find any other category for family.

I was also exempted from the personal interview at German Consulate Chennai (as i have been frequent traveler to Germany), whereas my family had to appear there with appointment.

Today i was notified by VFS Bangalore that i got the approval letter from germany within a month and was asked to collect it.

But in case of my family i got a letter last week that German authority wants to do formal verification of marriage and birth certificate and was asked to send some documents, which i sent already.

Now i would really appreciate if somebody can tell me what will be the next steps for me. Also i read in one of the threads that i along with family should enter Germany together. But here it seems i will get visa before than they will get as this verification process will eat some time (theoretically 12 weeks).
So please if somebody who has faced the same situation or understand german immigration law well suggest what is best thing to do
1. Either wait for their visa and go together once for all
2. Or i visit first for 2 months, get settled there, in the mean time they hopefully also will get the entry visa and then i bring them there. In this case i will get some time to arrange everything and will be convenient for me to get settle everything before they arrive.

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa procedure for Guest Scientists
Answer
9/1/10 9:53 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
The second option is the best. Is your Accomodation sorted out? If not it is better you join first and sort out the formalities and make it easy for the family when they arrive.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/2/10 2:31 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
Thanks Raj for your suggestion. I agree with you that the second option is best provided there should not be any problem with getting formalities done in germany for my family, if they arrive after me.
As at lot of places on net i found that people say that best to get visa together and travel together, otherwise German authority creates lot of problem for spouse and kid to enter germany and afetrward giving residence permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/3/10 2:16 PM as a reply to Rajeev Jha.
you should take the help of your university in this regard. Ask them to send a letter or fax to the consulate to speed up the application process
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott