Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Spouse Work permit procedures

Toggle
Spouse Work permit procedures
Answer
1/19/12 1:34 PM
Hi,
We are in Germany for last one half years.
My wife secured a job from an IT company in Köln. They have provided us a form filled by them, a letter indicating the reason for hiring her, work contract.
I am going to apply in the local labour office tomorrow.
Is there any specific documents I need to submit apart from the above?
What would be prospects of my wife getting the work permit?

Any advice will help us in moving this forward

thanks
KabelBW
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Spouse Work permit procedures
Answer
2/1/12 5:57 PM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
Hi KabelBW,

I am here in Germany on dependent Visa since 1.3 years. My application for Work permit is being rejected by the Auslander behordestating I should complete 2 years here in Germany before I start working.

It would be helpful if you could share your experience at labour office did they accept the application for Workpermit.

If yes then it would be very helpful if you could share more information and also the type of VISA u have i.e A16, A18 or A20 or NE.

I have been posting my queries under "Work Permit Query"

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/12 3:57 PM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
Hi query456,

Our case is almost solved.
We paid the money for the new residence permit card along with the working permissions.

It happened like this.
My wife secured a job, from them she got a work contract, an application form filled by them to apply for work permit, a letter reasoning, why my wife is chosen for this work (emphasizing her skill set and experience), the job advertisement date and the time to get a candidate.

We gave the documents in the reception of the immigration office and the person was very reluctant to accept it from us. She told us my wife may not get the permit. When I tried to submit other supporting documents, she force fully said that she will only take the application and nothing else.
we told all these things to the employer and HR in the company called them and talked to them.
I would say, the work permit is possible only because the employer kept contacting the labor office and immigration office.
Its A18

thanks and regards,
kabelBw
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/12 4:20 PM as a reply to Bheema Ramesh.
Hi kabelbw,

I face a similar problem, my husband is on dependent visa for 1.5 yrs now and he has an job offer but they refused to take the application emoticon ... he will complete 2 yrs in this july and they said they can process it only in June earliest and he has to join his job May latest emoticon.

Good luck with ur visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18