Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

EU Bluecard - Germany to Italy

Toggle
EU Bluecard - Germany to Italy
Answer
10/22/16 9:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I am an Indian national and I have been working in Germany for 10 months now, with an EU bluecard, but now I have a job offer to work in Milan, Italy. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it correct that  I will have to apply for a fresh new Italian EU blue card?

2. My German Blue card is valid for 4 years, and I can become a permanent resident in 33 months, which is very logical and straight forward. But through my quick research I found out that the Italian blue card is only valid for 2 years, and you can get the Italian permanent resident permit after you have lived in Italy for 5 years... so what happens between 2 and 5 years in Italy? Will I need to apply for a second Italian EU bluecard after 2 years... its a bit confusing..

3. What are the requirements for getting an Italian Blue card. Is that language test mandetory ? which is not in case of Germany. 

Sorry for so many questions, but I wanted to do my own research and not solely rely on the companies HR department. 

Thanks for any help. Really appreciate it. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: EU Bluecard - Germany to Italy
Answer
10/23/16 12:22 AM as a reply to Krishna Pandey.
Krishna Pandey:
Hello everyone,

I am an Indian national and I have been working in Germany for 10 months now, with an EU bluecard, but now I have a job offer to work in Milan, Italy. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it correct that  I will have to apply for a fresh new Italian EU blue card?

2. My German Blue card is valid for 4 years, and I can become a permanent resident in 33 months, which is very logical and straight forward. But through my quick research I found out that the Italian blue card is only valid for 2 years, and you can get the Italian permanent resident permit after you have lived in Italy for 5 years... so what happens between 2 and 5 years in Italy? Will I need to apply for a second Italian EU bluecard after 2 years... its a bit confusing..

3. What are the requirements for getting an Italian Blue card. Is that language test mandetory ? which is not in case of Germany. 

Sorry for so many questions, but I wanted to do my own research and not solely rely on the companies HR department. 

Thanks for any help. Really appreciate it. 
1. Correct. You would need a new blue card in Italy.
2. Yes you would need to apply for extension of blue card after 2 yrs. 
3. I dont know.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18